¹⁹ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴇ ꜰᴇꜱᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴛ¹

So many are cheering for the future, unaware of how disastrous it was last time. Though it is debatable if they would cheer if they knew who was facilitating their new future.

There was once a time when extraordinary feats were a rarity. When athletes were seen as the pinnacle of human capabilities, they trained their bodies past their limits to achieve more than ordinary people could accomplish.

Then superpowers started to appear and suddenly, human limits skyrocketed.

Inside the UA campus, a colossal stadium stands high. The screams and cheers roar out in deafening volume and the excitement in the air is almost electrifying in its intensity. Outside the stadium, there are stands that serve food and drinks for the hungry or thirsty audience of the show that's about to start.

Camera crews are waiting to broadcast the event to the millions watching from the comfort of their own home. The teachers of UA not taking any part in the event sat in a private booth of their own, to see how much of their lessons were taken to heart.

An annual event held by UA for students to show off their Quirks and abilities to the masses.

The UA Sports Festival.

The purpose of the whole show can be boiled down to flaunting the next generation of crime-fighting to the people, to show them all that the people they are counting their safety to are already budding into very powerful heroes.

But this has affected the perception of people's perception of the students, unfortunately. This is where the people stop seeing them as people and instead as things, as pillars to hold up their worldview and dedicate their existence as saviors. Perhaps they even started to think that even earlier.

This sort of mentality has made the ordinary civilian think that the heroes they put their trust in can't possibly have any issues on their own, or at least none that they can't fix themselves.

They focus on the persona, never the person.

So many awful things are being hidden from the public eye.

'Heroes can't be afraid, they're heroes! They go through risk every day!'

Sad thing is, even the heroes now start to think like this. This is why even with the recent UA attack, even after the deaths of heroes steadily climbing, and even after the reveal of new terrifying villains, UA has still decided to go on with the Sports Festival.

The loud cheers of the citizens suggest that the illusion seems to be working.

Shoto Todoroki looks around with blank eyes at the screaming crowd around him and the other students participating. Despite the excitement and trepidation around him, he remains calm, his face only showing determination and a hint of the simmering anger beneath.

All the 1st year participants had just been called out, with Present Mic, the commentator for the festival, paying particular attention to his class. That made sense, they were just in the news recently for surviving a villain attack from a new faction after all.

This made the other classes look unimpressive in comparison, whether that was on purpose or not. Still, Todoroki wasn't against being seen as such, Class 1-A has been tested in the most dangerous way possible and they came out the other side just fine. They've proven their worth, and he'll prove it here again.

And he'll do it without using his bastard father's power.

"Now, the introductory speech!" His musing is interrupted by the announcement of the R-Rated Hero: Midnight, a tall, black-haired curvaceous woman wearing a costume that somehow doesn't get censored every time she appears on television despite its obvious sexual nature. She wears a thin skin-tight bodysuit that shows off her voluptuous figure, a leotard similar in design to a corset, thigh-high garter stockings, and black knee boots.