¹⁰ɪᴛ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴅᴀᴛᴇ

32 unread messages.

Midoriya sighed as he checked his phone, already knowing who the messages were coming from. He presses the notifications and lo and behold, Hatsume was sending him messages nonstop.

Crazy_Eyes: MIDORIYA

Crazy_Eyes: MIDORIYA I PASSED

Crazy_Eyes: MIDORIYA DID YOU PASS

Crazy_Eyes: WHAT AM I SAYING OF COURSE YOU DID

Crazy_Eyes: YOU STILL HAVENT TOLD ME HOW ASIA WORKS

Crazy_Eyes: MIDORIYA WERE GONNA BE CLASSMATES

He scrolled through all the messages that she sent him, most of them starting with her saying his name in all caps. Despite the number of messages and her over eccentric personality, he can't help but crack a smile.

'Cute.'

It truly was, there was something very endearing about her forward personality, something refreshing that he's never experienced before. She was the first person he's ever interacted with since he came back that was like this. She wasn't afraid to speak her mind or say what she thinks about people. She's very open with her emotions and wears them on her sleeves. In other words, she's a person that would never tell a lie.

She reminds him of Himiko Toga, without all the constant attempts at stabbing.

Boi_Genius: Hatsume calm down.

Boi_Genius: I can feel you hyperventilating through the phone.

Boi_Genius: Just take a deep breath.

Crazy_Eyes: Ok

Crazy_Eyes: Ok

Crazy_Eyes: I'm calm

Boi_Genius: You calm now?

Crazy_Eyes: Yes

Boi_Genius: You sure?

Crazy_Eyes: Yes

Boi_Genius: Ok then.

Boi_Genius: You're right I did pass, and I got first place.

Crazy_Eyes: AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Midoriya let out a small chuckle. He couldn't help it, she was the most fun interaction he's had (that wasn't with himself) in years.

He glanced at the hologram projector that gave him his test results. Predictably, they were perfect all across the board. His mother practically showered him in tears when she found out he got in, and when she hugged him and told him that she was proud of him, for just a moment, he turned off his nanites and allowed himself to be happy with her, just like he used to when he was young.

It was nice, to not worry, to just focus on her warm embrace and be her child once again. But he knew it couldn't last, his work is far from over. But he promises to himself that when all is said and done, he's going to have the best life he could have.

In fact… why doesn't he start planning that now?

Boi_Genius: Hey Hatsume, I have free time today, wanna hang out after lunch to celebrate our acceptance?

'Kaina did mention I should enjoy myself, so why not? Let's start as friends first though...'

Crazy_Eyes: Sure! Where do you wanna meet?

Midoriya knew just the place.

He told her where to meet him and checked the time. It was currently 11:40 AM, so he decided to tell her to meet him at 1:00 PM at the location. He also told her to bring some of her basic tools with her.