Married to Your Majesty - Part 14

The journey back to his palace was all silent and alone, there wasn't a girl beside him bouncing in excitement or shuffling in nervousness like another two times, the sudden call from his mother has made him leave her with her brothers and travel alone to his palace even though when all he wanted to be there with them helping them to cope up with their loss but the sudden call from his mother wasn't the only reason why he has left, he knew she doesn't like his presence around her, he has seen her giving him those accusing stares, she never openly confronted him or accused him but he was no dumb to not read those eyes which were speaking louder than words.

He was in his thought when his carriage entered inside the palace and came to stop once it reached it's designation, his driver left his seat and opened knocked on the door of carriage before opening the door for him, King Shivay stepped down from his carriage and made his way inside, his mother was on the entrance of palace waiting for him, and as he entered he was embraced in a hug by her.

"I am thankful to god that you are okay my son" she whispered and checked him from top to bottom "You shouldn't have gone there to rescue that girl, You could have sent those mens we pay to serve us, What was the need for you to go" she scolded him parting away and looking at his face.

"Mother" He look at his mother with disbelief written all over his face, it wasn't for first time if of his mother saying something like this but it was his first time to not able to digest those words "Do you believe that their life means nothing?" He asked.

"It does, but it isn't as important as yours Son, and from when we started to care about their life? they aren't the leader they don't have to rule a kingdom like you, They aren't a king" She rebuked getting angry on his absurd question, She didn't understand the reason for this question it's obvious his life is more important than anyone out there.

"Do you know someone has lost his life while saving me? Do you know because of my life She and her brothers are orphan now" his brows were raised as he waited for his mother's response who stare him back for a moment before opening her mouth.

"I have heard about it, and it's his pleasure to die for his king, His death has only made his children orphan but Do you know your death would have made this whole kingdom orphan" she stated calmly "Your life is more important son" she emphasised the word to let her son know the how vital his life is and how vital he is for kingdom.

" And I suddenly feel like I have done nothing mother, nothing for this kingdom and the people living in it, I haven't fulfilled one responsibility of being father of this kingdom Mother, Everything I have done till today was for me, I have always been self centred, only thinking about myself, my profit, and me, I have done nothing for others Mother, I have never paid attention to how those villagers are suffering or how things haven't been good and easy for them, all I cared about the taxes, the intrest, the trades, the Palace treasure" A drop of tear fell down from his eyes which was wiped away by him before they can even fall down.

Subhadra opened her mouth to speak to give her input but the King shook his head telling her not to, No words are going to cool down the fire of guilt and need to change inside him, King Shivay now knows what he have to do and he will make sure that it get done.

___________________

"Have some food" Vinaay placed a plate of food on her lap and asked her to eat but she shook her head negatively and look Otherside "Anika, You cannot keep doing this" his voice broke and he placed the plate aside and taking her hand in his, forcing her to look at him "You, My sister is strongest girl, If you will break like this then who will be taking care of us" he smiled at her, and she cried.