Married to Your Majesty- Part 31

Anika regained her consciousness slowly, she could hear the voice of two man talking to each other but didn't grasp much out of the conversation, her eyes flutter open, she look around and found her brother and husband talking, there voice wasn't above the whisper, they both had serious look clouding their face as they looked in sort of argument much to her fear, she felt scared for her brother, she didn't want her bhai to say something to piss her husband and call for punishment, so she called her brother whose head snapped towards her direction, and in a blink both man were on her side, one looking at her with worry, concern and love, she tried to read eyes of another man but she was engulfed in a warm hug,  almost winching in pain when his hold on her tightened.

"Your Majesty, you are hurting her" Vinaay protested seeing his sister winching due to pain but King Shivaay didn't pay any heed to his words, he only loosen his hold a little but didn't release her much to Vinaay's annoyance.

"Your Majesty" Anika called him softly, in response he nuzzled in crook of her neck, she squirmed away in shyness not wanting her brother to witness the affection between her and her husband but Vinaay read too much into it as he took it as her discomfort rather than shyness.

"I.. Is ..." King Shivay sighed freeing her for a moment and turned towards Anika's brother "Go and wait outside?" He ordered, Vinaay glared at him in response and was about to reply back but stopped seeing the pleading look in his sister's eyes asking him to obey, and he did by stepping out of the chamber.

"Your Majesty" Anika whispered wrapping her good hand around him and caressing his back to calm him down, she could feel his drumming heart against her chest and the way he is nuzzling into her neck she knew he was sick worried for her but didn't know why? She is a commoner right.

"I will not let you do anything as your wish, Did you get it? And No more begging to do something I asked you not to" his voice was firm as he scolded her, he has denied Anika in morning itself asking her to not visit the Market flea today but she has begged him to go, and convinced him that it will be quick two minute visit, and King Shivay even after knowing the lurking danger has given into her demand seeing her eyes begging to him to join him, he thought that things will be under control, he didn't think that it will get out of hand like it happened.

"I will not Your Majesty" Anika didn't know what was it but her heart clenched and unclenched in weird feeling as he tightened his grip more "But I am okay other than some burn here and there and one on my neck where you are rubbing your hair" Initially she didn't want to call him out for it but her burn were burning and his hair rubbing against her wound was making it more painful.

"I apologise" King Shivay quickly pulled away and look at her burn, he didn't like seeing her hurt like this, he picked the paste the healer has left behind and applied on her neck "I .. It wasn't intentional" he whispered softly and bent his head down to drop a kiss beside the burn mark.

"Your Majesty" to say Anika has felt the change in his behaviour from past some days he has been acting weird almost out of his character, if she keep the slap part aside she has seen how attentive and caring he had been since last three week after her brother's visit, he almost was on her side and sometimes crashing into her arm sessions, politics sessions and even in  her chamber just to look at account, It wasn't as if she didn't like it and complaining but this was something new, completely uncalled and out of his way making it a little weird for her, but she also loved when he just sat by his side saying nothing and acting as if he was paying attention to the account when in real his eyes were pinning on her, watching her every moment and calling her out when she put the ink stick in her mouth "I am fine" she whispered to calm him down and she felt that it some how worked as his heartbeat has slowed down a little returning back to it's usual rhythm.