Married to Your Majesty - Part 19

The best thing about him is that he knew how and when to play his cards and has always been unpredictable and it was one of the reason why Queen Subhadra is left confused in her chamber trying to understand her son's actions, her mind wandered in all directions, she thought about all possibilities before sighing dejectedly and closing her eyes to submit herself to sleep.

On the other hand King Shivay was sitting on his bed sipping down the alcohol while his mind ran like horse thinking about each and every thing going around in Palace, closing his eyes he threw his head back as his thought moved to the incident which has taken place 15 days before to be exact, a shiver ran down in his spine as the flashes of the man writhing on his feet before he went cold flashed in his head, taking another sip of alcohol he thought about the people living in his kingdom, they have been much in his favour in last 20 days, and little down it satisfied him that the way he has played his game and ended up marrying daughter of a village head didn't go in vain, he has seen how those spectators were shocked and looked at him with complete disbelief when he stepped forward to marry her, he hasn't missed how they all looked shocked when he stood on his word and did what he has committed, at that moment he has realised how he can earn these people and their trust, it was easy, it has always been, he only had to stand on his words and make things look like they are being done for them even though when he earns profit in back, and taking another sip his head went back to that horrific day, he felt grateful for the man who is also his late father in law for saving him but also pitied the man for giving up on his own life for him, but more than him he felt pity over his children including his wedded wife, and in all this mess when everyone was crying and mourning over the loss he has taken a back seat and has observed how some people has blamed him for his abrupt decision and how other has defended him saying he is their God who has done a huge favour on the victim's father and it was Balram's choice to save Your Majesty, making him realise that this is how he needs to win.

And now when he has downed last drop of alcohol in his mouth he placed glass back on table, his mind wandered to the woman in the neighbour chamber who is none other than his wife, there wasn't any doubt that he has been benefited by his decision of marrying her, and has also won a place in eyes of people for being so generous by becoming knight in shining Armor for a damsel in distress, but he wondered whether the stunt was worth, thinking about his nights with her and the little time he has spent with her it feels worth, she invokes a weird kind of hunger in him which can only be satiated by having her, he cannot help but feels himself loosing his head when he gets on bed with her, and to add on it as a bonus she is that naive innocent and easy to manipulate woman which can be easily used for his benefit in plenty of places but the stunt she has pulled today has made him think that whether he was too quick to judge about her naivety and obedience.

At this point King Shivay only knows one thing that he will not let anything slip out of his hand, he is vaguely aware about the resistance building inside his own kingdom against him and the most vital thing for him at this moment is to gain as much as people by his side, and also get a grip on his people including his mother and his not so naive and innocent wife because no matter what he cannot let himself get controlled and outsmarted by any of them.

___________

"You should reward her father's sacrifice by doing something for their family" Queen Subhadra said and King Shivay stared at his mother to read the hidden plot inside the offer but when he found none he leaned back into his chair and look at his mother without saying a word.

"Don't take me wrong Son, I was just so angry yesterday, I have lost my composure after hearing what she has done and thinking how it could ruin Your image in Royal society, but keeping everything aside I do believe her family should be rewarded so that other people in our Kingdom can see how generous their King is by not only spending days helping them with funeral but also rewarding them for what their father has done for their King" her voice was as soothing as a pain reliever balm, and if King Shivay wouldn't have known his Mother and his Mother's game from before hand he would have let his worry to be eased and her voice to relieve his whirling mind,and to Queen's misfortune he knows her from in and out to know what she is doing or trying to do but for his annoyance he wasn't able to figure out the reason behind her current suggestion, so without saying a word he kept staring at his Mother to read her.