Married to Your Majesty - Part 16

The maids helped her to bath and get dressed even after she resisted, and now dressed in a heavy lehenga which weighed more than her own weight and loaded with all heavy jewelleries she made her way to Queen Subhadra chamber, her steps were slow and calculated as she struggled to not kiss the ground, she sighed in relief once she was inside the chamber of Queen Subhadra without falling on her way here.

"Your Highness" She bowed, Queen Subhadra who was busy in doing some paperwork related to accounts of maids and goods stopped and look up at her eyeing her in approval.

"Now you look like a Queen instead of the beggar you were" She spatted "Now don't just stand there, come here and help me with all this" She divided the bunch of papers into two and slided one towards Anika "get down here and calculate" and She did, slowly walking towards the papers she picked her part into her hand and look around for place to sit.

"What are you looking around? Go and sit" Queen Subhadra yelled like a crazy woman she is.

And Anika being her calm self look around for place to sit before asking "Where?" and it was as if Queen Subhadra was waiting for this particular question she smirked and pointed at the mat spread on the ground.

"It wasn't if you haven't sat there before, actually that is the place you belong to before my Son decided to bless your luck and made you a Queen from a beggar, but don't get your hope high, he has done that as a favour and once he will fall in love with someone he will have you replaced and send back to the place you belong" The words were bitter, bitter enough to make her eyes clouded with tears but she didn't say a word and made her way to the mat and sat down, Queen Subhadra was now more angry than before she has expected an argument or some disrespect so that she can find something to punish her with but the girl has done none leaving her sulk in disappointment.

Anika continued her work and sorted the papers before she started to calculate the total amount of each one of them one by one.

Queen Subhadra's chamber maid came into her chamber and was shocked to see Anika on mat but she didn't let it express on her face, she simply walked inside with a glass of juice and some snacks for Queen and placed them on the table.

"Your Highness" she bowed and stood on side so that Queen Subhadra can eat and she can take away the dishes, Queen Subhadra started to eat and left little into the plate, The maid came forward to pick the plate and take it away but the Queen shook her head negatively.

"She is working from so long, give some to her" Queen Subhadra smirked when she saw her pausing but Anika decided to ignore her once again and focused on her work.

"Your Highness, I can bring another" The maid whispered with lots of courage.

"Have I asked for another, I said give this to her" she yelled at the maid and threw her left over juice on her making the lady cower back, with shivering hands and unwanted heart the maid placed the plate at front of Anika who was shocked by How Queen has acted and was concerned for the scared maid, She ignored the Queen and plate all together and solely focussed on the maid.

"Please clean your face" Anika stood up from her place and picked the jar of water from the table and a napkin from the plate the maid has bought with her "Be careful of your eyes" She whispered softly and helped the maid, At first the Queen started to get angry before she laughed.

"It's funny to see a beggar sympathising with another beggar" she said and Anika handed the napkin to the maid and focusing on the Queen.