Chapter 41- Final Chapter

Jack POV

We were so lucky! Our beautiful Ida - Rose.
While Hetty slept, I held out lovely little girl. After about an hour. Hefty woke up and Agnes ran inside to get everyone to meet her.

Hefty POV

I woke up and looked over to Jack holding our baby. I was so happy, tears formed in my eyes.
'Jack I think it's time everyone met Ida-Rose don't you think?'
'Yes, Agnes would you mind getting everyone. Maybe they should come in 1-2 at a time?'

After a few minutes, Gideon came in.
'Oh she is beautiful Hetty, Jack. Oh and look at that hair, she s definitely going to have a little temper like her mother' he laughed cuddling her.

After a while Gid left and in came Lizzy with Miss Constance.

Lizzy cried while Miss Constance giggled at how tiny her hands and feet were.

Finally, Mr Callander came in to see us.
'Congratulations! She is lovely. Hetty you can have 3 weeks off and you can both go and pay Ida's grave a visit if you would like to.'
' Thank you so much. That would be lovely'.

2 weeks later....

We had just arrived in Bignor. It felt very bitter sweet. We took our Ida-Rose to my mamas grave.
' Ida I wish you were here to see your granddaughter grow but I know you will always be in our hearts.' I said as tears streamed down my face.
'Baby this is your grandmother who you are named after. I am so sad you don't get to meet her. She was a lovely woman and cared very much for those around her and she would've loved you too.'

Jack comforted me and then we headed to the curiosities to visit Frieda.
' Oh My Hetty! She is beautiful and so tiny. I fear I may squash her. I am so proud of you and I know Ida would be too!'

Finally, we headed to the beach where to our surprise we saw the Greenwood family!

'Hetty!' We heard them shouting. I got up and ran over to them, Jack close behind.
'Hetty who is this?' Maisie asked looking longingly at Ida-Rose.
'This is my daughter, Ida-Rose. She is just 2 weeks old'
'Oh Hetty, how wonderful! Please if you need anything reach out! We would love to see this little darling and you and Jack more!' Mr Greenwood said hugging me.
' Oh we would love to see you more! You should visit sometime as I don't know if we will get time off for a while!' Jack replied. After chatting for a while we headed off for our train home.

I couldnt wait to grow our family more, watch our babies grow and grow old with Jack, Gideon and our family at Callander Hall.
We will forever be lucky.