Chapter 2

I said my goodbyes to the lovely Freda. We were both very tearful, we had become such good friends and she had nursed me through my grief of my dear Ida, not that I had finished greiving. I cried the whole journey to London. I hoped that Mr Callander's offer of my old job would still stand. 

When I got to London I got a carage to Callander Hall. When I arrived I saw my dear brother Gideon. I had missed him so. He would be due to marry Agnes soon. When he saw me a hige grin appeared on his face as he ran to embrace me. 'Hetty! What are you doing here' he asked while hugging me. 'Oh Gid. It's Ida she died' I said sadly, my eyes filling with tears. 'Im so sorry Hetty' he said 'but what are you doing back? 'I was hoping that my job offer still stands' 

'Gid who is that?' I heard a familiar voice in the distance. I moved out of Gideon's embrace and turned around to see him stood there. I was so happy to see him until all the memories returned and the pain came flooding back, seeing him so happy with another. I was confused to why he was here though. 'Hetty? What? How are you here?' He asked as he ran over to me. 'I'll leave you to it.  Im sorry again Hetty. You know we will help you right? no matter what' 'Thanks Gid' 

'What's he sorry for? Why are you here? Wait your eyes are red. Have you been crying? Are you okay?' He rambled on. 'Jack slow down' I said. 'I had nowhere else to go' I said 'but what about Ida' He replied 'she died Jack, of consumption so I was hooping to get my old job back' I said, tears filling my eyes again but this time I couldn't stop them from falling. Jack instantly pulled me into him and held me while I wept. ' Oh I miss her so much Jack' He kissed the top of my head to comfort me. I then remebered Babs and pulled away. 'I'm sorry Jack, I shouldn't rely on you to comfort me' I said as I picked up my bag and walked towards the door as Jack shouted after me.