Chapter 21

Hetty POV

We pulled up to the foundling hospital. I couldn't believe that I was back here but this time for my own wedding. I felt so nervous.
We walked down the pathway. The Callanders followed us. 'you look lovely Hetty. Good luck' Mr Callander said to me as he went into the Chapel. Sheila, Gideon and Harriet were waiting outside for us. Everyone else was waiting inside. This was it. Harriet grabbed my train while the others formed a triangle behind her. Gid linked arms with me, 'you look beautiful Hetty. I'm so proud of you and Ida would be too' he said and with that we started to walk into the Chapel. My heart was beating out of my chest. As we entered I spotted Jem and Peg who nodded at me with a proud smile on his face. Even little Eliza was there sat with them. Nurse Winterson, Constable Clarke, Nurse Macclesfield and Mr Cranbourne were all there as was Freida. I smiled at them all. Then I looked at Jack as I joined him with tears in both of our eyes. I turned to face God who went to join Ned, Walter, Vince, Mathias and Judd. He looked at me, putting his hand on my shoulder beaming with pride. Vince looked at me sad but with a telling smile too as if to say 'I'm happy for you'. I turned back to face Jack who said 'you look beautiful Hetty' Jack said smiling.