Chapter 18

Today I was playing nurse maid to Miss Constance. 'Miss Constance. You helped Jack to propose a couple of years ago right?' I asked
'yes I did. Although he didn't want to propose in the cellar like I said he should. Why?' Constance laughed
'I don't suppose you helped him this time did you?' I asked suspiciously. 'What! Jack proposed? And he didn't tell me? Tell me all about it' She babbled. 'Yes he did Miss Constance' She grinned 'we went outside to talk. I needed to speak to him about Ida and then afterwards he asked me.' I said. 'That wasn't very romantic and where's the ring?' she asked me 'no, it was perfect. Trouble tends to follow me and I end up in a huge scene so it being just the two of us was perfect. And he didn't get one. He knew I wouldn't want one so he got me a notepad, feather quill and ink which is beuatiful' 'wow. Maybe Jack does have a slight romantic side afterall' she said laughing.

LATER THAT DAY

That evening, after dinner, me and Jack sat down to start planning the wedding. 'Seeing as Gid Harriet and Mathias got married at the hospital, how would you like to follow them and get married their too' I flung my arms around Jack 'that would be perfect' He smiled 'good, because I spoke to Mr Cranbourne and we can have it there' I couldn't believe it, this was going to be perfect. We now had everything sorted. We just had to invite everyone. We told everyone, including Miss Constance, Master Edwin, Mr Callander, William, Lily and Lady Greenford and they would all come. Gid was going to walk me down the Isle and Harriet, Sheila, lizzie and Agnes would be bridesmaids. That night I wrote to Jem and Freida to tell them about the wedding. The gang from the foundling hospital would be having our 5 year reunion in 6 months, the day before the wedding, so we will tell them then.

A/N
Please check out my other Hetty X Jack Fanfiction 'Because of a Bouqet'