Chapter 11

I got back to the house and thankfully, Jack was there. I ran up to him and gave him a big hug. 'I'm so sorry I didnt tell you about Jem. In all honesty I forgot about that silly game and I thought Gid had told you about our borrowed family. Im so sorry. Please forgive me' I said to Jack not stopping for air. 'Hetty slow down. I'm not mad' I looked confused 'But why did you go?' I asked ' so that you and Gid could spend time with your family' 'Oh' I replied smiling at me. 'Now come here silly' Jack said patting the ground next to him.  I went and joined him, and he wiped my tears. ' You will have to tell me about your family' he said, so i started rambling on about the squirrel house and the circus and the paddlings Peg used to give me when i was bad. while talking, I leant my head on his shoulder and soon fell asleep until Agnes and Gid returned. He woke me up and we congradulated the happy couple. while me Agnes and Lizzie were gossiping, Jack pulled Gid over to one side out of earshot.

Jack POV

'Gid i need to ask you something. I know today is your wedding day but I cant wait another day to ask this. Oh Gid, I love Hetty so much and I wanted your blessing to marry her' I asked hopefully. This was the most anxious I had ever been and I still had to get through the propsal yet. That is if we had Gid's blessing