Chapter 14

I could tell that something was wrong with Jack. He kept fiddling with the hem on his jacket. 'So what did you want to talk about?' Jack asked me
'so you know how I've spoken about Ida' I said sitting down as he followed 'I've never said how I feel. I've felt too afraid, like if I truly let my feelings out then she's really gone.' I said looking down.
'Before I knew that Ida was my mother, I always knew that my mother was out there somewhere. Dreaming about her made life so much easier in the hospital. I even believed that a woman from the circus was my mother.' I said laughing
'Then I found Ida. My life turned upside down but for the better. I was happier then I had ever been. At least that was until Sheila found out and told Matron and Ida got taken away. Miss Smith brought he back for me to see but only for a few minutes before she had to leave, after I had escaped to find her. Working here meant I could see her again, which almost didn't happen because Matron was going to send me to a mill'
'she was going to do what!' Jack shouted surprised
'yeah, but we defeated her. Then Ida moved to Bignor and I never saw her. Although I couldn't see her, I knew she was there, but now' I started to tear up 'now I know I will never see her again and it hurts so much. Even though I'm extremely happy with you, I'm in so much pain missing Ida' by now my head was on Jack's shoulder while I sobbed. He kissed me on the head just like he had the day I returned and I knew that everything would be fine.

Jack's POV

It broke my heart hearing this. Once she had calmed down I said 'Hetty, I need to tell you something'

I took a breath. this was the moment that could change my life forever.