27

(mons POV)

I stormed back inside and up the stairs angrily. "Mon!" I heard my mom call out. I didn't turn back and ignored her completely. I opened my bedroom door and shut it gently. I jumped onto my bed, face forward and hugged my pillow.

Looking back at it, I should've never ignored my mom. I love her a lot and I've never ignored her, I hope she doesn't think I'm mad at her.

After a few minutes of staring into the ceiling in silence, I heard my doorknob turn. I looked over to see who it was and saw it was Sam. I rolled my eyes and turned the opposite way, my back now facing her. I heard the door close once again. I wanted to turn but I had a feeling she was standing there, so I didn't.

"Mon" she spoke. I slightly flinched at the sound of her voice, yet I completely ignored her and didn't say a word. "Mon please look at me" she spoke once more. The room filled with awkward silence.

I was still angry, but I felt that I shouldn't ignore her without an explanation.
"Why are you ignoring me? Did I do something?" She asked again. I began to feel bad but I just couldn't turn around.
"Mon please answer me, stop acting like you can't hear me"

I sat up against my headboard slat, i fixed my pillow against it to prevent back pain. I still ignored her but I could see she began getting closer from the corner of my eye.

She was now standing beside me. She kneeled down and place her hand on top of my right hand. "Mon what's wrong? Did something happen?" she sounded worried, and I felt guilty. I slowly began to remove my hand away from here but before I could fully move it away she stopped me.
"Talk to me. I'm here for you, what's wrong?" she asked again. Finally, I gave in.

"Well you think I wouldn't notice you looking at another girl at the store, huh? What is she that attractive you couldn't keep your eyes away from her, huh?" I questioned her as I looked into her eyes. "What are you talking about? What girl?" She sounded confused but I just thought she was playing dumb with me. "The girl standing near the flowers! You were staring and smiling! Did you think I wouldn't notice?" I ask, turning my head the opposite way to avoid seeing her. She let out a long "huh" before grabbing my chin, making me look at her. "I wasn't looking at anyone. I can't tell you what I was looking at otherwise that'll spoil my suprise for you" she says. She pulled me into a quick kiss and smiled. I finally gave in and smiled back.

I was still wondering why she looked so mad at the store. I wanted to ask but she seemed to be in a good mood and if something bad happened I didn't want to bring it up and make her mad again.

I was about to ask her but my phone began to vibrate. I picked it up and saw it was nop calling. I signaled Sam to be quiet and picked up the phone.

"Yes?" I asked. "Mon are you busy?" He asked. He sounded a bit nervous but I wasn't going to ask him that. "Uh hold on" I put the call in mute and turn my attention to Sam. "Do we have any plans today for work or anything that's important" I ask.
"No, not work related but I was going to ask if you wanted to go on a walk"

(Sam's POV)

When I heard the reason she was annoyed and mad was because she thought I had been looking at someone else. I love seeing her jealousy side. . .

I wanted to tell her about the flowers but it wouldnt be a surprise if I told her. I began to think whether I should or not.

I decided to tell her so she wouldn't overthink things.
As I was about to tell her, her phone rang.
She picked up her phone and put a finger over her lips, signaling me to be quiet. I nodded and let her talk to whoever was on the other side.

"Yes?" She spoke. I waited patiently, biting my nails as I was trying to hear who it was. I heard the person talking but I couldn't identify the voice due to her volume being so low. How does she even hear ??
"Uh hold on" I heard her say. She muted the call and turned to me. "Do we have any plans today for work or anything that's important?" She asked.

Suddenly I remembered. Nop.
He was the person on the phone with Mon.
He's going to ask her today. I can't let that happen.
"No, not work related but I was going to ask if you wanted to go on a walk" I say.

I instantly regretted saying that. Seriously Sam? A walk??

"We can do that anyday though, right?" She asked. "The weekends are the only days we have the whole days off though" I replied. "We have tomorrow. We can go on a morning walk" she said
I sighed and nodded.

She unmuted her self and began to talk.
"Uh huh. Right now?" she said. I stared at her and knew I had to do something about this.
"I'll be right back I need to make a call" I whispered. She nodded and gave me a thumbs up as I quickly grabbed my phone and walked out the room quietly.

I began to dial Amree and began to feel inpatient after the first 3 rings. "Pick up pick up pick up" I whispered as I began to bit my thumbnail
After the 4th ring the phone was picked up.
"Hello, how can I help you boss?" He spoke
"You said he's confessing today, correct?" I asked to confirm.
"Yes ma'am. What can I do to help?" He asks.
"I want you to follow them. Mon is about to go with him and there's no way I'm going to let anyone take her from me" I replied.
"Yes ma'am, do you know the address they'll be going to?" he asks once again.
"No but once I find out I'll text you where to go" I say.
"Yes ma'am I'll be ready"
"Good"

____________________________________________

I'm super sorry I thought I posted the chapter I promise to work on the upcoming one right now.

Please take care I hope you're all okay. I won't be busy this weekend so I'll make sure to update this story ! Once again take care 💗