30

(mons POV)

"Mon will you be my girlfriend?" He asks.
The moment those words left his mouth he came over to my side, went on one knee and took out a pearl necklace. He placed it on the table and he waited for my answer.

Everyone around us began looking and chanting "say yes"

I didn't know what to say...
If I said yes, I would be dating someone I didn't like and would have to force myself to like him and not...lady Sam.
If I say no, he'll feel embarrassed and it'll ruin our friendship, but I'll be able to be with the person I like.

What do I do. Thoughts began to run through my head, I didn't know what to say.

"Mon..?" He says once again. I hesitated at first at what I could say.

"Let me think about it" I said, even though I already knew what my answer was..

Everyone around us let out a disappointed "aw". At that point I wanted to leave. I didn't want to be there any longer.
"Yeah...yeah you think about it and I'll wait patiently for your answer" he says as he carefully stands up. "Let me at least put the necklace on you" he whispered. I nodded and let him put the necklace on me.

"Thank you, it looks beautiful" I said

(Sam's POV)

I was talking to Kirk as I ate, still being cautious. Kirk and I made jokes and laughed. It felt like it's been so long since him and I had an actual conversation other than business things.

"That joke was so dumb" I say as I cover my mouth to laugh. "Why do you cover your mouth?" He chuckles. "Because I'm chewing. Do you want to see the food I have in my mouth that's half chewed?" I joke sarcastically. He laughs and I laugh along, still covering my mouth.

I was about to say another joke, but something caught my eyes. Some people were looking at something while chanting "say yes" repeatedly. I wanted to know what they were looking at so I excused myself and walked closer to the direction people were looking at.

I peeked and saw nop sitting beside Mon. I couldn't help but feel angry and jealous.
Why was he close to my Mon ?!

I scoffed and rolled my eyes as I watched him caress her arm.

"So you're just going to let that happen ?" I heard a voice from behind.
I let out a small gasp before turning around. I saw Kirk standing there smiling as he watched me peek.

"You're making it obvious it's you, Sam" he chuckles. I rolled my eyes and went back to grab my things

Why should I care what she does. It's not my business.

(Kirk's POV )

Sam and I were joking around as usual.
It felt likes its been years since I last hung out with her. Though we may not hang out often, she never leaves my mind. I've been holding back..but I don't think I can hold it in anymore. I've been in love with her since she first went inside that bar.

(Flashback to the day after the incident)

(Kirk's POV)

I was serving people like usual, since it is my job after all.

"Mr. Kirk, please go leave these in the back" my manager spoke as he handed me 2 small boxes on top of each other.
I nodded and smiled as I went to the back to drop off the boxes. I put down the boxes in a corner and wiped my hands on my apron.
I walked back out and saw the woman from yesterday. Lady Sam.

Her eyes lightened up with excitement as she saw me walk out to the front.
"Hey it you again! Do you remember me? From yesterday?" she smiled. "How could I not? Welcome back" I grabbed her hand and placed a kiss on it. She giggled and looked at me with her beautiful eyes. "I didn't think you'd work again today" she grins. "Yeah well I work every night. Except Tuesdays and... Thursdays, sometimes Sundays." I respond. She let out an "ohh" before taking out her phone.

She began typing something on her phone, the way she was looking at her phone made me let out a small giggle. She looked up and smiled at me once again. "Here" she hands me her phone. "Put your phone number in. I want to talk to you more"

I hoped she didn't notice how excited I was.
I began to type in my phone number, with my heart beating fast, my hand began to shake a bit. Thankfully she was looking away and didn't notice how nervous I was.

I handed her back her phone wit a smile.
"Alright then, I'll see you around irk" she says, as she began to stand up and walk towards the door. She looked back at me once more and waved before leaving.

"My names Kirk..." I let out as I watch her car drive off.

(End of flashback)

(Kirk's POV)

Ever since that day, I knew I had developed something for her. I had developed feelings for her.
But once I found out she wasn't into guys, I knew I had no chances with her. Yet I still continue to like her til this day.

I know it's bad for me to continue liking someone who doesn't feel the same way I do towards them, but it's impossible to stop liking her.

Me and Sam continued laughing over the dumb jokes we made. Her laughter always makes me smile.

"That joke was so dumb" she says as she continues to laugh. I always notice how she covers her mouth when she laughs but she never tells me why. "Why do you cover your mouth?" I ask while still chuckling.
"Because I'm chewing. Do you want to see the food I have in my mouth that's half chewed?" She jokes sarcastically as continues to laugh while still chewing.

I was about to say another joke, but something caught her attention. She stopped laughing and looked behind her. I was also looking but saw nothing that could've possibly caught her attention.

That something had to be interesting because she even stood up. Sam's not the type to create about gossip though ??

she stood up and began walking towards the other side of the restaurant.

I stayed seated for a bit, then I got curious.
I went to where she was standing. She looked like she was peeking at domething- or someone??

Once I saw who it was, I felt bad for her.

her eyes narrowing, her face turning red, and her heart pounding as she watches him with someone else.

"So you're just going to let that happen ?" I questioned.
She let out a soft gasp before turning to me.
"You're making it obvious it's you, Sam" I joked, hoping she would've laughed.
"Whatever I don't care anyways, let's go. I wanna go home" she said as she began walking towards our table and picking up her stuff.

"Sam, go wait outside. Let me pay and I'll catch up to you in a few"

She looked back and nodded, then left.

____________________________________________

Is it just me or does everyone keep getting kicked out of their account every time they open this app?