STORY 23

"ALWAYS HIM"

"Hey, Allison, are you okay?" I asked her.

She looked at me.

The look in her eyes wanted to tell me something but her mouth did the otherwise.

She kept her mouth shut and just nodded her head.

"Y-yeah, I'm good." Then she forced a smile.

"Do you... Do you want to tell me something?" I asked her again.

"N-no. It's n-nothing." She said while shaking her head.

"Okay, then. I'll order us food. What do you want?" I said.

She told me what she wanted to eat.

I was about to stand up but she stopped me and held my hand.

"Why? You want some more? What else do you want?" I asked her but she just shook her head.

"S-shawn." She called my name.

"Hmm?"

"Please, sit. L-let's talk. I want to to t-tell you something." She sounded so serious when she said those things. She held both of my hands firmly.

"What is it?"

"R-remember when we went to B-boracay last week?" Panimula niya and I just nodded. I think alam ko na yung sasabihin niya. "Nung last day na natin doon, I... I saw S-steven... A-and he and I.. we... we" Nahihirapang usal niya dahil hindi niya matuloy-tuloy ang kaniyang sasabihin.

"Kissed?" I cut her off and continue what she's about to say.

Shock and guilt was evident in his eyes.

"H-how did you k-now?" She asked, confused about how did I find out. Unti-unti niyang binawi ang kaniyang kamay na nakahawak sa akin kanina.

I smiled bitterly.

"I was there. I saw you two. You guys were k-kissing." Pag-amin ko sa nakita ko noon.

"You k-knew all along? Why d-didn't you tell a word? Why didn't you t-tell me?" Sunod-sunod niyang tanong sa akin.

"Because ayaw kitang pangunaham. I want you to tell it to me yourself." Paliwanag ko sa akin.

"You should've just told me. Im really sorry, Shawn." She sincerely apologized.

I forced a laugh.

"It's fine. Still, thank you for being honest. Thank you for telling me." I said then smiled.

"Magalit ka sa akin, please! Pagsabihan mo ako ng masasakit na salita. Saktan mo ako. Tatanggapin ko lahat!" Naiiyak at pagmamakaawa niyang sabi sa akin tsaka hinawakan pa muli ang aking kamay.

Umiling-iling lang ako.

"You know I can't do that, right? I can't ever be mad at you." I said then pinaibabaw ko ang kamay ko sa mga kamay niya.

She just smiled.

"But can I ask you a question?" I asked and she nodded.

"Did you ever love me?" Deretso kong tanong.

There was a moment of silence. I know she was caught off guard.

"I... I... I..." Shw said, struggling to composed a word, to tell the truth.

"You didn't, right?" I asked hoping that she'd say no but she didn't.

"Believe me, I-I tried. I really tried b-but..." Her voice trailed off. She didn't finish her words and just smiled apologetically.

"But it's still him? It's still Steven? It's still my twin brother?" Pagtatapos ko sa kaniyang sasabihin.

"Always." Then she smiled. "I'm really sorry." She added.

"I understand, you don't have to say sorry." I said then also smiled at her. "But can I atleast have lunch with you? Even for the last time? As your future brother-in-law?" I added then chuckled.

How I wish I could stop the moment so we could be together forever.

Damn! It hurts!

Akala ko kapag wala na siya dito, ako na yung pipiliin.

Akala ko ako na, siya pa rin pala talaga.

It's always him.

It will always be him.

Only him.

He's so damn lucky!

____________________________________
A/N:

Thank you so much for reading my story, fellas! A simple comment and/or vote would mean so much to me.