Prologue

Long ago in a land filled with mysteries, a war ravaged the desert sands. A furious attack was led by three powerful men, hoping to take the Desert Continent for themselves. The people of the land were without a leader and called unto a being known as The Great One, hoping that he would end the merciless violence. Sadly, The Great One, although he was all powerful, could not morally aim his true devilish might towards mortal men. However, he did not intend on letting the people of his land meet their end so easily.

Wranglers from far and wide fought off the invaders, showing that they could be great warriors when the time of need came. But it was five particular wranglers that stood head and shoulders above the rest, earning the love and respect of the entire Desert Continent. With nothing more than a couple six shooters and their mighty will, these five took on hundreds of invaders, slaughtering any who faced off with them. Their names were Crepitus, Insomnia, Kadies, Sytrim, and Krysus, and although it was impossible, they were willing and ready to take the invaders by themselves.

But that's when The Great One-stepped in. The Great One gifted each of these five great warriors' power to control a desert element, enabling them godlike abilities. Crepitus was given the ability to use lightning, and as a result of his sinister mentality, his lightning turned red, exploding on impact. Insomnia was given reign over the winds. Seen as sassy by most, her abilities allow her to create a special sound wave with her wind that puts her opponents in an endless nightmare. Kadies, brother to Insomnia, ruled over the rains. Although he is very calm, his power turns his rain maroon and confuses opponents, making them see hallucinations of the people they've killed. Next, the dashing poet Sytrim was allowed to handle the element of the sands. His snow-white quicksand swallows anything in its path. Lastly was the mighty Krysus. A very cocky man who was given fire as his element, it's only fitting that wield what he called the 24 Karat Flames, golden flames hotter than anything else in the universe. Together, the five of them were unstoppable.

The five went on to save the Desert Continent, completely decimating all the invaders. It's said that the Great One came to them the night they took their final victory, and they were never seen since. It is believed that they live in the spirit realm, the Void, as the Five Great Pillar Gods. They watch over the world, and create saviors, successors to themselves. They are called triggers, drinkers of the holy elixirs.

Elixirs are drinks made of drops of holy water from temples for worshipping the Five Pillar Gods. When a man drinks an Elixir, he gains the ability to control a desert element, as if he's one of the pillar gods himself. Many wranglers compete for Elixirs, but Elixirs are rare, and it's said only men the Pillar Gods have chosen will win. Triggers normally appear when they are needed most, but few live long enough to solve the problems of their time. Some are too lazy, too preoccupied, or just too naive to fix the Desert Continents Issues.

It's said that when the world gets at its worst, a wave of five new triggers will appear. They will be nearly equal to the five Pillar Gods themselves, and will save the Desert continent, whatever it takes. And right now, they are needed more than ever. The Desert Continent is built in a circle. In the center is the capital, Oasis. It's there where the richest people in the desert live, and top-ranking Sheriffs.

The Sheriffs are bullies, and rule the sands with an iron fist, ruthlessly dispatching anyone who disagrees with them. And the three Brothers of Mist sit onto of them all, with an indescribably scary amount of power. Their father, having created a man-made elixir, turned the brothers ruthless killing machine with power exceeding the average seasoned trigger's desert element. Them, along with the Deserts Sands Great Eight make up the main Sheriff's whose powers also came from manmade elixirs. As things stand now the world is doomed to be ruled by the Sheriffs, and no wrangler nor trigger has the ability to stop it alone. In times like this you can only wonder,

"Whatare the Pillars Gods thinking?".