24

Time skip

The next day Y/N didn't know what to expect going to breakfast. She wasn't sure if things would be slightly awkward between her and Yoongi, or if he'll look at her differently despite the fact the Alpha assured her, he wouldn't. When she was first getting to know most of them, the group treated her like a piece of fragile china, almost like if they held her a certain way she would break, and Y/N hated it, feeling so small and powerless. If Yoongi started treating her like that, she wouldn't be able to handle it. She also knew she was going to have to tell Yoongi everything soon; she was just afraid of what the repercussions could be. She sat in her usual spot, seeing how there were already four people cooking and they probably wouldn't need any more help. "Good morning," Y/N said, propping her legs up on the chair next to her. She got a kind nod and hum of acknowledgement from Hoseok, and Seokjin, and an enthusiastic 'Good morning' from Haru and Eunji. The morning went as usual and when Yoongi came down, he didn't seem to treat Y/N any different, much to her satisfaction as he greeted her with a kiss on the forehead before taking the seat next to her. Though when she wasn't looking Yoongi watched over her more closely. Something had hurt her in the past and Yoongi desperately wanted to figure it out, and he also wanted to prevent her from experiencing whatever she had ever again.

After breakfast everyone except for Y/N, Yoongi, and Jeongguk said their goodbyes before leaving the house to deal with their tasks for the day. Yoongi had gone up to his office to work out a few more details for the upcoming competition before he went out to his out-of-home office to talk with some pack members that had requested an audience with him, and Jeongguk was up in his room enjoying his time off. Y/N was heading up to Jeongguk and Haru's room to talk to the younger Alpha. She needed advice on how to tell Yoongi about her past, and she didn't want to go to Haru or Eunji about it. In any other situation, she probably would have, but she knew if she went to them for advice she may end up telling them everything by accident, and she wants Yoongi to be the first one to know everything. She lightly knocked on his door, waiting a few seconds before it was opened by a rather tired-looking Jeongguk as his messy curls draped over his eyes. "Sorry did I wake you?" Jeongguk shook his head, brushing his hair back. Even though she was pretty sure he was lying and at any other time she would have left to let him go back to sleep, not wanting to bother him, right now she was desperate and needed to talk to him. "Kook, can I talk to you please? It shouldn't take too long." Jeongguk saw how serious and desperate the girl looked so he quickly nodded his head, leading her inside his room, closing the door behind them.

She sat on the chair by his desk, pulling it forward so she was closer to the bed while Jeongguk sat on the edge of his bed, giving her his full attention. "So I think you all know I haven't said a lot about my past," she started, trying to get her thoughts together. Jeongguk snorted in response.

"That's the understatement of the year," he teased. In return, Y/N lightly slapped the younger alpha's shoulder before continuing. She went on telling him everything she had already told Yoongi. About how she struggled as a rogue, what had happened to her pack, among some of the other little details she had told Yoongi over time.

"I want to tell him everything else, especially as more things are uncovered, but I'm scared." She looked up at Jeongguk, silently asking for advice.

"Well, first things first, fear aside, are you ready to tell him?" Y/N didn't need to think about it at all.

"Yes, I really am."

"Okay, if you're ready then what are you so afraid of? You know Yoongi Hyung is either in love or falling in love with you and would do anything to make you happy. So why does telling him the rest of your past scare you?"

"The fear of rejection I guess," she chuckled dryly, clasping her hands in her lap. "There were a lot of things that happened out there, and who's to say one or more of those things won't change his mind about how he feels about me? I'm still learning the customs, rules, and traditions of your pack and I came from a traditional pack. You know what that's like more than anyone, and I still know those rules best. In my old pack, a lot of the things that happened to me would have resulted in my mate rejecting me on the spot even if what happened was out of my control. I don't know what will happen here, and I just don't think it's the right time to tell him with Yoongi's work piling up again," she admitted timidly.