Chapter 3: Blossomed

The incident on the train had left the students shaken, but Hogwarts was determined not to let it overshadow the new year. Dumbledore reassured them that the Dementors would be guarding the castle perimeter due to Sirius Black's disappearance, emphasizing their safety. He urged them to avoid the Dementors to prevent any untoward incidents. With his words concluded, the first feast began.

However, Harry couldn't shake off his unease. The information he had learned about Sirius Black and the looming danger made him question how much more he could handle this year. He longed for Toni's presence, knowing that she was the best at comforting him during difficult times. Since Toni had not yet arrived, he sought solace in the company of Ron and Hermione.

"Psst!" a voice suddenly whispered behind Harry. "Potter!"

Startled, Harry turned around to see Draco with an amused smile on his face, accompanied by his Slytherin friends seated at their own House table across from them.

"Is it true you fainted?" Draco pestered, a hint of mockery in his tone. Harry glared at him. "I mean, you actually fainted?"

Draco's laughter mingled with that of the other Slytherins. Annoyed with Draco's antics so early in the year, Harry let out a sigh.

"Bugger off, Malfoy," Ron sneered, intervening by grabbing Harry's shoulder and pulling him back to face Hermione.

"Ignore him," Hermione advised, her expression filled with understanding and sincerity.

Suddenly, the sound of running footsteps filled the air. Harry, Ron, and Hermione looked up to see Seamus and Dean rushing toward them, their faces adorned with wide smiles. They stopped by their side, panting and out of breath. Seamus swiftly climbed over the bench and settled himself beside Hermione, promptly grabbing a bite to eat and chugging some water. Harry regarded them with a puzzled expression, while Dean remained fixated on the open doors of the Great Hall, as if expecting something extraordinary.

"What's going on?" Ron inquired, curiosity lacing his voice.

"Antonia!" Seamus exclaimed, his mouth still partially full.

Behind them, Draco tilted his head, attempting to eavesdrop without being noticed. Dean's smile grew even wider.

"She's finally here?" Harry asked, his face lighting up with joy upon hearing the news.

"Oh yeah!" Dean confirmed, his excitement palpable.

"What's happening?" Hermione interjected, her smile shifting to confusion as she observed the boys' elated expressions. They weren't particularly close to Toni, which made their excessive happiness seem unusual.

"Haven't you heard?" Fred chimed in, suddenly appearing behind Hermione.

"Heard what?" Ron inquired, clearly intrigued.

"Antonia has become the talk of the school," George shared, winking mischievously at Ron. Harry, Ron, and Hermione exchanged puzzled glances. "The boys have taken quite an interest in her."

"What do you mean?" Harry asked, perplexed by the revelation.

"She's absolutely beautiful!" Dean exclaimed, his voice filled with admiration. The trio exchanged another bewildered look.

"She has always been pretty, but something has changed over the summer," Seamus added, grinning like a mischievous child.

"How so?" Hermione inquired, her curiosity getting the best of her.

"Her skin is brighter, her hair longer. Just everything about her. I can't help but admit how breathtaking she is," Ginny chimed in as she joined the conversation.