Chapter 26: The Mishevious Trio

After Gryffindor's victory in the Quidditch match, the scarlet-clad students rushed into their common room, filled with cheer and excitement. Harry became the center of admiration among his peers, and the jubilation over his remarkable snitch-catching skills was infectious.

Toni stood to the side, wearing a great smile as she watched her fellow Gryffindors surround Harry, celebrating his triumph with cups of butterbeer. While she shared in their joy and was genuinely thrilled about Harry's victory, her mind couldn't help but be preoccupied with the whirlwind of changes that had unfolded thus far in her third year at Hogwarts.

From her initiation into the power of the Violet Summers to the discovery of Lupin's secret and the Patronus Charm, from the perplexing dream she had to the mysterious tension between Crookshanks and Scabbers, and from the burdens and revelations she had carried over from the summer to her secret relationship with Draco, everything seemed overwhelming for her to process. And now, the possibility that Harry might have feelings for her beyond friendship added another layer of complexity.

Despite the myriad of emotions and concerns plaguing her mind, Toni forced herself to enjoy the present moment and the time she had with her friends. It was a lesson her aunt had emphasized, to cherish and savor the good times, regardless of the difficulties that life might throw their way.

Temporarily pushing aside her troubled thoughts and victories, Toni immersed herself in the joyous atmosphere surrounding Harry and the swift triumph of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. It was the best she could do for now, avoiding being consumed by an endless stream of thoughts that she couldn't adequately deal with at that moment. Yet, even as she tried to focus on the celebration, those persistent thoughts had a way of creeping up in the back of her mind, a recurring theme in her life these days.

It didn't take long for Toni to be reminded of her mischievous plans for the night ahead when she spotted Fred and George making their way over to her, their faces wearing secretive smiles.

"It's almost 10 o'clock," Fred said, taking his place on her right side.

George leaned in on her left, "He's right, Toni. Are you ready for some adventure?"

"How do we plan to sneak away from this?" Toni whispered delicately, her eyes scanning the crowd as she addressed the twins. Fred and George exchanged a knowing look.

"Shouldn't be too hard. Everyone seems rather distracted with Harry," George replied.

"Yeah, hardly noticing either of us. Even Wood has been caught up in the attention," Fred added with a chuckle, glancing at Wood, who sat with a large grin, probably still overly thrilled about the Quidditch victory to notice much else.

Toni checked the surroundings to confirm the twins' assessment before turning back to Fred and George. "Lead the way, then."

With determined grins, the trio set their plan in motion, slipping away unnoticed amidst the excitement surrounding Harry's triumph. As they made their way through the castle's winding corridors, Toni's heart pounded with a mix of nerves and anticipation. Tonight's escapade was both thrilling and daring, and she was grateful to have the Weasley twins by her side. Their camaraderie and flair for mischief made the adventure all the more exhilarating.

After about an hour of stealthily avoiding Filch and Mrs. Norris, the trio finally arrived at their destination. The room was dimly lit, as expected in the late hours of the night, but the moonlight cast a shimmering glow on the glass cases displaying a collection of old memorabilia – cups, shields, plates, and statues. The silver and gold reflections sparkled in the moon's gentle light, capturing Toni's interest in the history of Hogwarts for the first time. She found herself occasionally glancing at the labels on the displays, intrigued by the stories behind each item.