Chapter 4: The First Day

Breakfast on the first day of school was far from a calm affair for Harry, Ron, and Hermione. They sat at the Gryffindor table, engrossed in reviewing their schedules for the day.

Meanwhile, at the Slytherin table, a wave of laughter erupted. Pansy, Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, and Blaise couldn't contain their amusement as they exchanged glances, clearly plotting something against Harry. It was evident that an unpleasant encounter awaited him, and the anticipation only added to his sense of dread.

Draco, standing up from the table, dramatically pulled his hood over his head and began mimicking a Dementor. The others burst into laughter, relishing in the performance that depicted Harry fainting at the mere sight of the imaginary creature. Harry let out a frustrated sigh, thoroughly annoyed by the whole charade.

"Scared of the Dementor, Potter?" Pansy taunted, her voice filled with giggles.

However, the laughter abruptly ceased as Toni, Fred, and George strolled over to their group. Draco quickly stepped aside, his gaze fixated on Toni, who observed the scene with a discerning look.

"Antonia," Draco said with a smug smile as his gaze traveled up and down her figure. "You've been looking surprisingly good these days. I assume you've heard about Potter's little fainting incident. We were just having a good laugh about it."

Toni responded with a mischievous smile. "Oh, so Dementors are funny to you lot?"

"Potter fainting is hilarious," Goyle chimed in, causing them all to burst into laughter. Draco's laughter, however, lacked the same confidence as the others.

Toni's smile widened, and she looked at Harry, Ron, Neville, and Hermione, who were sitting nearby, thoroughly entertained. "Considering what Fred and George shared with me about how all of you reacted, I'd say Harry was the bravest one among you on that train."

Draco scoffed at her comment, but his smug grin faltered as he gathered his composure before her. He tried to regain his superiority.

"I heard Crabbe and Goyle were sprinting through the train aisles so recklessly that they crashed into the food trolley, leaving themselves covered in... what was it, Fred?" Toni asked, turning to Fred.

"Sweet berry juice," Fred responded, grinning.

"Ah, yes. And it froze, didn't it?" Toni said, her gaze shifting to Crabbe and Goyle, who shamefully lowered their heads.

"And Blaise," Toni continued, her tone laced with amusement. "I heard you were cowering under the benches, praying to what some called a muggle god."

"I believe it's just... God?" George chimed in, joining the teasing with a smirk.

As her gaze turned to Pansy, Toni's voice grew more pointed. "And you, Pansy, Fred told me you tried to flee with Draco, but of course, he left you behind in the halls as he sprinted into the compartment where George and Fred were, nearly wetting himself."

"Like a weeping baby," George and Fred chimed in unison, unable to contain their laughter.

Toni's expression turned smug. "Well, I believe that speaks for itself. Have a splendid first day, all of you."

With that, she walked away, leaving Draco and his cronies momentarily speechless and humiliated, while Harry, Ron, Neville, and Hermione couldn't help but chuckle at the entertaining exchange.

Toni took her seat alongside them, Fred and George sitting on the other side of her.

"That was brilliant," Ron praised.

"I don't think I've ever seen all of them retreat so quickly," Neville gaped.

Harry smiled, his cheeks blushing again as he leaned over to her beside him, "Thanks for that."