Chapter 30: The Second Memory - Part Three

*** TRIGGER WARNING ***

This chapter has a hard trigger that may upset you. We had trouble writing it as it is very emotional. 

If you or anyone you know is going through depression, or thoughts of ending life, please don't hesitate to reach out to us, a friend, a family member or call the hotline in your region and area. 

Always remember that you are loved and you are valued by so many in your life <3

~ * ~

 Wolfe's hand remained raised as the students stood in a meadow overlooking a cliff that dropped to the ocean below. The crashing waves and heavy winds made them shiver in their robes, and an eerie silence hung in the air. Terrified to relive any more memories, they stood beside Wolfe, feeling the weight of his sorrow. But curiosity still kept their minds engaged.

Toni's hand remained tightly embraced with Harry's. They didn't speak or exchange glances, providing silent support as they prepared to witness Wolfe's darkest thoughts and sorrows. He remained resolute, never wavering from parting his sights on the painful memories before them.

Standing by the cliff's edge was a familiar face – Jane, cradling their baby in her arms, Wolfe's son. She appeared visibly distraught as she hushed and kissed the baby's forehead, whispering in his ear. A sense of dread settled among the students, fearing what they were about to witness.

"You don't think..." Ron whispered, his words barely audible.

"Jane!" Wolfe's voice called from behind them.

The students stood motionless as the past Wolfe rushed by them, unaware of their presence, and approached his distressed wife near the edge of the cliff. Jane's eyes filled with fear as she clutched their son tightly to her chest.

"Don't!" she shouted. "Stay where you are!"

Wolfe halted, his eyes showing worry. "Jane, what are you doing? Come on, dear..."

"I know where you've been! With your brother!" Jane cried, tears streaming down her face. "You've left us here, all alone!"

"Jane, my brother needed help! His daughter-"

"Has the glow, right?" Jane interrupted, her voice filled with anguish. Wolfe froze. "I overheard you that night, after you, James, and your brother fought against your father! I heard everything!"

Wolfe's face dropped, his heart pounding in his chest as he gazed at the woman he loved. "Jane... Please..."

"You promised you'd protect me! Protect our son!" she screamed, their child now crying uncontrollably.

"This is my way of protecting you!" Wolfe argued. "It's the only way you and our son will be safe from him."

"Is that what Mathias told you?" she asked, fear and anger consuming her as she held their son closer. "He's using you! All of this is to ensure he can rule on top of the family name! He's telling you to abandon your own son for his daughter! Can't you see it for what it is? Do you really believe that even if you wipe our memories, Hiram won't find us? This child has his blood!"

"He does not bear the Violet Summers! Hiram wouldn't be able to find you!" Wolfe insisted, but Jane shook her head.

Her eyes met his, bloodshot from the emotional pain. "Run away with us. We can go far away from here! Leave your family behind – Mathias, Hiram, the girl! All of them! As long as we are together!"