430. Thriller Bark

Even after leaving Water 7, the Straw Hats are still in disbelief about Dragon & Buggy. Leo & Nami especially, keep asking Robin about their dad because they can't find him in news. Robin gladly tells them about Buggy and even tells them how she was saved by Buggy in the past.

She then shows them Buggy's current bounty poster and they are very shocked to see it. 5.25 billion isn't a small number, after all. Luffy's 330 million and Leo's 300 million bounties look very small now compared to Buggy's bounty.

Zoro is surprised to see Buggy's face because he knows Buggy. "Is he really your dad?"

"Yeah, why?"

".... He was the one who gave me this sword after refusing me to become his apprentice."

Leo seems to remember something after Zoro said that. "Oh, so you were the one that Kuina talked about."

"You know Kuina?"

"Of course, she is my dad's only female apprentice in swordsmanship while I am the only male apprentice. Why don't you say anything till now?"

"You also never told me who your dad is."

"Haven't I told you his name in the past?"

"W-well, I didn't know his name, I only know his face."

Leo doesn't know what to say, but he understands it because Zoro is a real idiot. Zoro asks about Kuina and Leo says he doesn't know what she's doing right now. Nami also doesn't know because they've lost contact for years.

Anyway, Franky also tells them that he has met Buggy in the past and helped build the Clown Pirates' ship, Black Pearl. He says it is the best ship he ever helped to make. He tried to make Sunny to be as good as Black Pearl, but it's still lacking compared to Black Pearl.

"That ship is simply a monster that is owned by a monstrous crew. I don't know what Palu-san did to that ship, but the last time I saw it, it looked much more powerful than when it was created. Maybe the only ship that can match it is the legendary Pluton now. Even Oro Jackson didn't look as amazing as that ship."

"You made that ship? And they were changing their ship in Water 7?"

Franky nods to Sanji's question and tells them the story of how Clown Pirates changed their ship. It is similar to how the Straw Hats changed their ship. The Clowns' old ship couldn't continue to sail, so they changed their ship.

"Iceburg & I weren't surprised when we saw Merry's Klabauterman. It wasn't our first time seeing it, after all. We first saw it at Clown Pirates' first ship, the Little Hunter's funeral."

Luffy now seems more interested in Leo's dad than his own dad. "He seems like an incredible man and his crew must be amazing."

"I wasn't there when this happened, but Iceburg told me how amazing they were."

Franky then tells them how Clown Pirates stopped Tom's execution just by showing up. World Government & Marine were afraid to confront the Clown Pirates. Even Whitebeard Pirates might not achieve such a thing without initiating a war.

Well, Franky doesn't know the full story, so his explanation might be exaggerated a bit. Still, it's not too far from the truth, so it's still true, and it surely amazes the Straw Hats. They faced CP 9 agents and they almost died, but Clown Pirates made the whole World Government & Marine afraid of them.

"How many members do they have?"

Usopp asks out of curiosity, so Robin tells him that Clown Pirates have 110 members now. But now they have many subordinate crews that joined them because of their power.