472. Closer to Death

Only one enemy is left after Kong's defeat. Imu is the only one left, but he doesn't show any sign of worry. He is still enraged though because all of his subordinates have lost already. But it's not something unexpected because they have been outnumbered from the beginning.

Still, having his side lose is something that a person who has led the winning side for hundreds of years doesn't like. Even though he hasn't lost yet, the force that he has created and led to rule the world has been defeated. It's the same as his group lost to Buggy's group, which is something that he really hates.

"You don't look so good. Do you need to pee?"

Buggy mocks Imu who looks very enraged when his last underling also gets defeated.

"It seems I've been going too easy on you trash."

Imu suddenly stretches his arms and neck, making Buggy frowns because he acts strangely all of a sudden. Then, bright red flame suddenly covers Imu's entire body and the ground below him melts as it turns into lava. The Clown Pirates who are rushing toward him after taking care of Kong are also surprised.

"SHIT! GET AWAY FROM HIM!"

Buggy sees the melted ground vibrate and warns his crewmates because he has a very bad feeling about this.

"Too late."

The flame on Imu's body suddenly burst and spreads everywhere rapidly. Everyone tries to get away, but the flame is spreading too fast, catching everyone before they can escape. They immediately cover their entire bodies with armament haki and the devil fruit users are activating their abilities too.

Buggy is the first to get caught by the spreading flame because not only he is closer to Imu, but he also charges at him instead of getting away. He wants to stop Imu, but the giant demon's attack is too fast. The only thing he can do is protect himself and orders his crewmates to save themselves.

Haki can protect them from the impact and burning, but it can't protect them from the heat. So everyone is screaming because of the intense heat as they keep running to escape. The ground that gets touched by the flame turns into lava almost immediately because the heat is too intense.

"AARGH, IT'S HOT!"

"DAMN, I CAN'T SEE THE END."

Screams can be heard from the side where the Clown Pirates were coming. They are being covered by a red flame that covers their surrounding. It blocks their vision, so they don't know where to go. They just keep running to save themselves before the heat kills them.

"ENEL! ASSIST JUDE!"

"WE'RE ALREADY ON IT!"

Everyone suddenly hears Buggy's and Enel's shouts before their bodies suddenly get covered by thick layers of ashes. Jude spreads her ash that can't be burnt anymore to save her crewmates. Enel helps her locate them using his powerful observation haki.

Both Enel and Jude are not affected by the flame because of their lightning and ash logia bodies. So they quickly acted to help their crewmates who aren't immune to the flame. Ash can't be burnt anymore, so Jude quickly spreads it to cover everyone's body with Enel's help because she can't see anything with the flame blocking her vision.

After everyone is covered by ash, Enel spreads his lightning in the form of ropes. He grabs everyone with his lightning ropes and flies away while pulling them. With his speed, he manages to get everyone out of the burning domain that covers the entire ruin of Marie Geoise.

He tosses everyone to the edge of the chopped Red Line except for the Fishmen that are thrown into the sea. Everyone is suffering from the heat and has different levels of burnt injuries. The Fishmen are also hurt, but they know their assignments and immediately use their Fishman Karate to throw water at their crewmates.