3 - kegger

Raise your glass from Pink was blasting in Anastasia's car. Kiara and Anastasia screaming along on their way to the beach.
JJ on the other hand sat in the back, because Ana told him men are second row material, playing the imaginary drums and singing the background voice. Every time they had to turn, Anastasia couldn't help herself but drift around the corner.
This was life, she thought, living in the moment and enjoying every second of it.

"Oh god", John B chuckled once he got out of Twinkie,"What the hell did you guys do? We could hear you from like miles away".

"Yeah after you ate my dust". Anastasia smiled proudly before she eyed the beer keg in a funny way for the fracture of a second.

"Oh we were just singing", Kiara sent a smile to John B, who just laughed.
"Nah I saw JJ jumping up and down in the backseat".

"Man I was playing the drums", JJ answered while rolling his eyes. He just finished setting up the beer keg. He faced Pope. "Pope next time your gonna have to play the keys".

"You will never get me to set a foot into that car", Pope answered while watching JJ act like he was playing a keyboard,"Like never. This was -".

"-What Pope?".

"I mean you're a great driver and all", Pope immediately assured Anastasia, he didn't want her to feel bad,"But I don't have a death wish".

Anastasia just laughed and gave Pope a pat on his back, while whispering:"Never say never".

The kegger was great. Anastasia met a ton of new people and they were all pretty nice. But JJ had already warned her about kooks. Rich ass pricks with a shit of money, JJ explained her, I mean look at Topper - he thinks pogues live to mown their lawns.

So Anastasia decided to stick to the pogues. Kiara was discussing climate change with a guy - Anastasia didn't know his name. Pope was trying to flirt with a girl by telling her about corpses.
Hearing bits of his conversation made Anastasia, John B and JJ laugh out loud.

"Oh god! I'll go ahead and grab some more drinks", JJ stood up and faced Anastasia,"You want a beer, Ana?".

"No", Anastasia quickly shook her head and once again her leg started bouncing - JJ realized just like John B. JJ walked off with a shrug deciding to not address it.

"You okay?", John B asked Anastasia, lowering his voice.

"Yeah I'm fine. Why do you ask?". Her response was short and flawless. A perfect lie.

"You seem nervous", John B pointed towards her leg and it immediately stopped moving.

"It's just", think Ana think quick,"A lot of new people". John B nodded and before he could ask further questions, Anastasia quickly changed the topic.
"Why do you care so much about the compass?".

"It's", John B sighed,"It belonged to my father, actually".

"Oh, past tense", Anastasia whispered and lowered her gaze,"I'm sorry for bringing it up".

"No it's fine". Anastasia felt his arm around her shoulder and looked up again. "My dad disappeared at sea three months ago. Who disappears at sea these days? Whatever. He's believed to be dead, but I won't sign the papers".

"And the compass?". Hazel eyes met his eyes. They were more brownish than Anastasia's greenish hazel color.

"My dad is obsessed with finding this ship. The royal merchant. It sank with a lot of gold onboard. Like a lot. Maybe the compass is a sign. A way to find my dad, or the gold". John B looked over towards the ocean. "Everyone thinks I'm stupid for believing that. But I-".