18 - wildest dreams

Property of Cameron Constructions. Anastasia looked at the white sign in disbelief. They were standing in front of a huge mansion in Charleston and Rafe had a cheeky smile on his lips.

"This is our accommodation for tonight, love", Rafe told Anastasia and his fingers intervened with hers, leading the way to the house in front of them.

"First an illegal race and now breaking into a house?", the words fell softly from Anastasia's lips.

"Technically it's not breaking in", Rafe smirked once he took out the keys to the front door and opened it.
They needed flashlights to find their way over to the living room. The house was partly furnished and Anastasia quickly dropped down on the couch, snacking her Sour patch. She couldn't contain her giggles, watching Rafe stumble through the dark room.

"What are you doing?", Anastasia laughed uncontrollably once Rafe tripped and almost hit his head on the door.

Rafe didn't answer, instead he got out his lighter to light a candle he had gotten out of the bag earlier. Anastasia watched him in complete silence, while he continued lighting the candles he bought, placing them across the entire living room. After that he got out his phone to play music. Fall in Love with You by Montell Fish was playing.

Once he was finished, he stood in the middle of the room and admired his work. The entire room was illuminated by candle light. His eyes stopped on Anastasia, who stopped eating her snacks and was already staring at him.
Rafe Cameron was a romantic, who would've thought.

Anastasia dropped the bag of snacks, got up and walked right up to him. Staring into his ocean eyes, wondering what happened to Rafe for him to change into this - a romantic man, who plans random dates. If this even is a date.

"What is this, Rafe?", her voice was barely a whisper. Anastasia was trying to understand where he was going with this and why he was doing this now - after all this time.

"Dance with me, please", Rafe answered softly and wrapped his arms around Anastasia's body, holding her close, inhaling the sweet scent of her hair that hasn't changed since last year.

She was still the only person he would get close. The same chemistry was lingering in the air. Their connection so pure and raw hasn't changed. Rafe always had pure perfection right at the tips of his fingers, but it took him way too long to appreciate it.

Midsummers, when Anastasia walked off with Maybank, Rafe realized what he could have. What he actually wanted.
Midsummer night, when Anastasia spent the night with him and he didn't have a nightmare since ages, Rafe realized what he needed.

"I-", Rafe cleared his throat. His hands cupped Anastasia's face, her hazel eyes looking up at him. Once again he didn't know what to say. Rafe had thought about the right words to say, but now, even though he planned everything out, none escaped his lips.

"What do you want, Rafe?", Anastasia asked and looked into his ocean eyes. She was drowning in them, in him. Her first love, the man she'd drop everything for if there would be hope for them. The man she would always love, even though she'd deny it.

"I want you, Anastasia".

"Right now, forever. If you'd say yes, I would kiss you until we both would forget our lips were made for anything other than kissing. I'd-", he took a deep breath, trying to keep his control,"I want to be with you, right now".