13 - haunted

Anastasia jingled her car keys in front of Rafes nose. They were ready to get away, leave this place at least for some time - without looking back. Ocean eyes were staring into her hazel eyes and the two were too caught up looking at each other they didn't see JJ Maybank entering.

Just when his hand brushed Anastasia's once JJ tried to grab her car keys; the couple snapped back into reality and looked at JJ in front of him. Out of reflex Anastasia pulled her hand back, so JJ wouldn't grab her keys, neither would he see that she was holding hands with Rafe.
Anastasia had no idea JJ saw everything.

Her hazel eyes stared at him in disbelief, too shocked about what just happened and what he could possibly have seen - what JJ would think.
Anastasia didn't know who to look at or what to say. She was switching back and forth of looking at ocean and watercolor eyes.

Rafe knew her better than anyone else and he therefore knew what just happened: Anastasia was scared what the Pogue in front of them would think - which meant that he must be important to her.
Rafe could only guess what had happened between JJ Maybank and his Anastasia - he didn't like it.

Jealousy spread in his entire body. Every cell was angry about the Pogue, who just crashed everything he was about to have with Anastasia - like something he had lost and missed since then would come back to him.
His fragile mind was doing its own thing once again, without even thinking about what exactly would happen - the consequences neither the benefits.

Rafe Cameron's fist punched JJ right in his face, causing JJ to tremble back. He groaned in pain and his hand touched his lip, which started bleeding once again.
Once again since his father Luke beat him up after bailing him out of the police station - it was something JJ didn't want to be reminded of. But Rafe did and he'd pay for it.

JJ threw a jab back at the kook and suddenly the two started fighting right in front of Anastasia.

"What the hell?!", Anastasia shouted and tried to step in between them, but failed miserly.
She watched blood run down JJs split lip, but she knew it wasn't Rafe who did this to him in the first place. Anastasia's breath trembled once she realized who could've done this to JJ - his own father.

"Rafe! Stop it!", Anastasia yelled and finally got a grasp onto Rafes dominant arm, which he immediately dropped too afraid he'd accidentally hurt Anastasia. "You're hurting him!".

A scoff fell off Anastasia's lips and her head whipped around to look at JJ. Her small hands cupped his face and she used a small tissue to wipe some blood away. "Are you okay, J?".

A sharp pain went right through Rafes heart once he watched the girl in front of him care for someone else. How delicate her hands touched JJs skin, as if she was scared she'd scar him again.
This wasn't how tonight was going to be.

"It's fine", JJ brushed it off and his watercolor eyes locked with hers. He could see how much she actually cared for him, how scared she was if something would happen to him. Anastasia cared about him.
But JJ could see the way her hazel eyes lit up once they set on Rafe Cameron. How she laughed along with him as if she'd hear her favorite song, that she used to play ages ago.
"We have to go, Ana. Mandatory meeting at the Rixons Coove".

The two boys watched Anastasia's eyes tremble back and forth between Rafe and JJ. Once Rafe saw how casually JJ slipped his hand into Hers, he lowered his head and swallowed hard. Rafe couldn't say all of the mean things he thought of out loud - he didn't want to hurt Anastasia again.
Instead he accepted it and whispered:"It's okay, go".

It felt like weights fell off Anastasia's shoulders and she turned to face JJ. Her lips curled up into a relieved smile. "Lead the way".

"We're gonna need those keys", JJ replied and a chuckle fell off his lips once he saw a glimpse of Rafes lowered head. He pointed towards her car keys and the two couldn't help but laugh remembering the last time Anastasia pulled out her keys in front of JJ.