4 - eyes talk

"If that ain't Anastasia Hill".
Anastasia spat the soda out of her mouth and right over Toppers shirt once she heard the voice.
His voice.
The way he said her name.

"Rafael Cameron".
Anastasia's voice was barely a whisper. But Rafe heard the way she said his name. It was music to his ears.

Anastasia didn't even need to fully turn around and face him. Her back profile was enough for Rafe to know who was talking to his sister. He would recognize her anywhere.
He memorized every line, every scar, every freckle on her skin.

"You guys know each other?!".
Sarah yelled fully overwhelmed. Her gaze trembled around and she saw the pogues already standing behind Anastasia.

But Anastasia was staring into Rafes eyes.
He was staring right back.
Blue waves crashing against her hazel eyes.

"I'm gonna kill you".
Paradox - her sweet voice saying a threat.

"We both know you won't".
It was almost a chuckle. He didn't take her seriously. Even though he knew he should.

Rafe took a step forward.
Anastasia mirrored him.
If he wasn't so much taller than Anastasia, their noses would almost touch.

She was furious. Seeing him again. A year later. A year she spent repairing everything he had broken. Now he was back. Back to break it again.

"You don't know me anymore, Rafe".
Her voice was a hiss. Another threat. A try to make him stay away from her.
But the way she said his name, pulled him back in.

"You're right. I never thought I'd see Anastasia at a party without a big bottle of Tequila in her small little hand".
The Pogues neither Sarah nor Topper understood what Rafe referred to, but Anastasia certainly did - and Rafe just hit a weak spot.

Anastasia swallowed hardly and he knew he was getting under her skin. So Rafe kept going. Blessing her ears with his raspy voice.
"Or did you pour some in your soda can?".

"Why don't you try it for yourself, asshole".
With that said, Anastasia poured the liquid right over his upper body. His white shirt was now drenched and turned slightly see through. She could now see every inch of his skin she had once traced or kissed or -

While everyone gasped. Rafe just laughed.
And it wondered everyone how Rafe wasn't mad at her. He always had a short temper.
If anyone else would've done what Anastasia just did, Rafe would go mad. He'd hit them, over and over.
But now he just laughed.

"I know you've missed me, love".
JJ and John B looked at each other. What did Rafe just call her? JJ clenched his jaw.

Rafes big Hand reached out towards her face. The beautiful face he wanted to hold on his hands. His gaze was fixed on her glossy lips. The lips he wanted to kiss.

Anastasia knew he was about to touch her. She didn't want anything to do with him. God, she wanted to run - just as much she needed to stay.
So she stood still in front of him.

Rafe reaching out to touch her, even though she didn't want to - that was JJs last straw. He stepped in between them. John B was right beside his best friend. If one would go down, they'd go down together.
"Stay away from Anastasia".