12 - Midsummers

The Cameron's have been waiting in front of their house for Anastasia, who was last like usual. She didn't mean to be late, she was just struggling to pick a dress until Sarah Cameron called her (only to ask when she was coming) and then helped Anastasia pick a dress.

Now that the Nissan pulled up in front of Tannyhill, Rafe would be lying if he'd say his heart wasn't beating faster. Not only because he was excited to see Wards reaction considering he didn't tell him, but also because he was nervous to see Anastasia all dressed up. He was scared he was going to mess everything up once again.

"Who is that?", Ward Cameron spoke up and faced his three girls. All of them just smiled excited. They already knew Rafe Cameron had a date and who was going to be his date. Whereas Ward Cameron had no idea why he was even waiting in front of his own house.
Rafe already walked to the driver side of the freshly polished car to open the door for his lady.

Jimmy Choo's Averly 100 designer heels hit the concrete once the door opened and Anastasia got out of the car. Her hand was already placed in Rafes for extra support on those high heels.
"Hi", Anastasia whispered and looked up, locking eyes with Rafes.

"Hey". His eyes moved up and down her body, trying to take everything thing in. The gold dress hugged Anastasia's body just at the right places. Her cleavage had never looked better and her legs seemed to be even longer thanks to the split up her leg. Rafe whispered back:"You look beautiful".

"You too". A chuckle fell of her lips once she saw him all dressed up in his light blue suit and a bow tie.

Ward raised his eyebrows once he saw the woman step out of the car. It was indeed Anastasia Hill - the girl Rafe was supposed to wrap around his finger. His lips curled up into a proud smile, watching Anastasia walk up to him, hand in hand with his son.

"This is Anastasia Hill", Rafe cleared his throat,"My date for tonight". He was nervous.

"The two of you look absolutely gorgeous", Ward responded and a laugh fell off Anastasia's lips.

Once the two were back in the Nissan, Anastasia driving to the Country Club, Rafe dared to stop holding his breath. Anastasia eyed him:"You good?".

"Perfect, actually", Rafe sighed relieved. His dad was actually proud of him. Now the only thing left to do was: don't fuck up tonight.

Something about this felt weird in a way, because Anastasia knew that in another life this would be everyday - driving around with Rafe, all dressed up. It was weirdly normal. Her eyes glanced back and forth between the road and him, who was running his hands through his hair for the tenth time.

"Rafe", Anastasia's voice made his heart beat faster,"It's gonna be alright. Everything is gonna be okay".

His ocean eyes trembled Anastasia's body up and down. She was casually driving a manual car in high heels, but she couldn't keep her eyes on the road - her hazel eyes always seemed to find their way over to him and Rafe found himself hoping Anastasia was going to be right. He hoped that tonight he'd make his father proud for the first time in ages and most importantly: Rafe prayed for Anastasia and him; their relationship.

Once the car stopped in front of the Country Club Rafe still hasn't answered. Instead he got out of the car to open the door for Anastasia, holding out his hand. It was hers to take.

"With you by my side", his voice husky,"Everything is gonna be perfect".
Anastasia sent him a soft smile and took his hand.

The Cameron family walked out first. Anastasia could tell Sarah and Topper weren't doing great considering she decided to walk out with her family and not her boyfriend.
Following shortly after family Cameron were Anastasia and Rafe.