Chapter 4 - His Grace

Enjoy

______________________________________

There he was, and despite coming back from a seven year war. He looked ready and all dressed up, almost as if ready command his kingdom...

Cross grew more anxious by the second. What was he supposed to say now? They haven't seen eachother in so long.

Despite it, he shakily spoke.

"Y-your back..a-and..."
His words died on his tongue, and he mentally scolded himself.

'Dammit, Cross, pull yourself together. He'll just abandon you at this rate.'

But he couldn't say anything.

Nightmare scoffed and walked up to him, grabbing his arm.
"And? Is that all you have to say?"

Cross flinched at both his touch and the tone of voice.

"I-im sorry-"

Nightmare swiftly let him go, sighing. Almost in disappointment.
Cross merely held his head down.
'He's angry with me..isn't he?'

"No, I'm sorry. You must think I'm... I'll leave you alone if you need a moment."
Nightmare told him, already making his way towards the big double doors.

Cross immediately panicked.
'No! If he leaves like this, then father will kill me!'

Walking up to the Lord, he gently held his arm to stop him from walking further.

"No, p-please don't leave. It's just that I didn't know w-what to say."
Cross pleaded with him.

'Please don't leave me again..'

Nightmare looked him up and down for a second before snaking an arm around his waist and pulling him into a kiss.
Cross gasped, placing his hands to grip onto the others' shoulders.
He was confused. What was the other doing?

It continued for a moment before Nightmare pulled away, Cross panting heavily.

"Go get your coat, we're leaving."

Okay, now Cross was more confused.

"Leaving?"

"Yes, I already had your things packed. We're going straight to my kingdom. That's where you should've been in the first place after all.

Oh, they were moving.

"Go get changed if you need to, I'll be waiting for you by the entrance."
He kissed Cross on the forehead before leaving.

'I guess I better change into more comfortable clothes.'

                             ••••

They had stepped into the carriage, waving goodbye to his family, and his father's stare was enough to get his point across.
'Dont embarrass me'

After that, they were on their way to Andromeda. Nightmares home land.
He was essentially quiet on the way there. Only looking out the window to admire the view.

'I've never been outside before.'
He pressed his hands softly against the glass of the carriage.
'The view of the palace is wonderful from up here!'

Oh, how mesmerizing it was.

Thought he caught sight of the Lord through the corner of his eye. Looking at him with curiosity.

Embarrassed, Cross regained his posture, sitting with his hands to his lap, no longer being pressed against the window.

"......"

"Is the thought of being near me that terrifying?"
Nightmare spoke.

"N-no, it's not."
Cross stuttered out. Trying his best not to.

Nightmare raised a brow.
"You're lying. Otherwise, you wouldn't be this uncomfortable."

Cross clutched onto the fluffy fabric on his robe. He had its hoodie over his head slightly.

"Not to mention you never went to my Kingdom once. You were supposed to go there after I departed for war."

"I was..?"

Nightmare nodded.
"Before I left, I sent those from my land to fetch you. So why is it that you didn't go?"
He narrowed his eye.

Once again, the smaller was struck with confusion.

"You sent for me? B-but I never received a carriage to take me?"

Did his father send them away without telling him? He guessed that was the reason as it wasn't too off-brand for him.

"I definitely sent a carriage for you. Cross."

He whimpered. He figured it was rude to have him send his man over to get him only for X to turn them away.

"I'm really sorry."

Silence followed. It didn't sit right with Cross at all.

But already halfway through the journey, the carriage was quickly halted, which nearly sent Cross tumbling put his seat.

Nightmare growled as he, too, was almost let off balance.

Before the Lord could even speak up to those outside, he heard one of his armed men speak, Cross figured it was one of those who aided Nightmare during the war.
.
.
.
.

"SIR! THERES OGRES AND MONSTERS EVERYWHERE!"

Nightmare cursed under his breath.
"Cross. Do NOT leave this carriage!"

And with that, he quickly left.
Cross was terrified.
'An Ogre!?'

Although he never encountered one, he heard the stories of them being mindless and merciless beast.

Only hearing the screams and gurgling sounds outside made him nauseous.

There was thumping on the window, turning his head. His heart dropped.
There was this monster, but it wasn't an Ogre. It was tall and dark, a crooked smile plastered on his face, its eyes falling from his face...

Cross couldn't move. He couldn't scream. He only heard the slashing sounds outside. He felt an empty pit in his stomach. He didn't eat at all that morning, and his father starved him. He thought this a good thing considering how he would've thrown up if he had anything in his system.

There was another yell, and he looked up in time to see an Ogres blood stain the window.

He wanted to cry. He NEEDED to leave. But his body didn't do anything.

In fact, he shut down.

And fell to the floor of the wide carriage with a Thud.