1920's

There is chaos outside, screaming, and fire! I rush down the stairs, to warn my family. I enter Fathers study first. But I don't get more than a few steps. Stefan is...doing something to him? And he's struggling, trying to push him away. Stefan hears me and drops Father. I gasp. "Father! What have you done?!"

Stefan looks like a monster. His shirt is stained with blood, and so is his face. It's contorting, his eyes turning black and veins protruding from his eyes. His teeth are pointed..like an animal! I shriek and try to run, but he's suddenly I front of me. Sputtering, I try to love again, but also again, somehow, he's in front of me, impossibly fast. "Stefan...please." He frowns. "I'm not going to hurt you..Alex." I don't believe him. If he's capable of killing our father, I have no doubt he's capable of killing me.

"I'm sorry about Robert." What? "What?" Stefan shakes his head remorseful. "He was in the foyer, asking if you were okay. He was bleeding....I couldn't stop." He whispers. My stomach drops. No! Not my Robert! Not my fiancée! I run past Stefan, and this time, he doesn't follow me. Robert is already dead when I get there. My stomach heaves as I look at him. His body is torn apart, arms, legs, and head severed completely. I feel the bile come up in the back of my throat.

I gag as I spew the contents of my lunch, and then my breakfast.  His once sparkling green eyes are wide open, dull and empty, frozen in a state of terror, forever. I drop to my knees, not caring that my heels dig into my dress. Stefan taps me on the shoulder, offering a glass of water. I smack his hand away, wailing. "No! You did this...you...monster!" Stefan's sighs. "I can make the pain go away, you know. I've seen Katherine do it...to me."He pauses. "I can make you forget."

My face is wet with tears. It feels stiff, uncomfortable. I wipe my eyes. "Really?" Stefan smiles and leans down to my level. "Of course." His smile drops. "But I need you." He bites into his arm and forces the wound into my mouth. I gag and hit his arm, trying to get him off. Its no use. His hands are like steel clamps, holding me down. I choke. "Drink the blood." He commands me. Against my will, I obey, drinking the blood.

"We're going to have so much fun together. You, me, and Damon." He grins. Then his face darkens, and grabs my face, sharply twisting it to the side, and the last thing I hear is the sickening crunch of my own neck.

~~~
We pull up to a warehouse in a black SUV. Klaus gets out and shuts the door. "Welcome back to Chicago, Salvatore's." Me and Stefan hop out of the backseat. "What are we doing here?" Stefan asks as Klaus pushes open the door. "To take a little walk down memory lane." He pushes open the door. "You two, wait here." Stefan sighs as he walks away, leaning on the side of the car. We semi-stand in silence. After a few minutes, we hear Klaus call out to us. "You both can come in now." Me and Stefan share a look. Neither of us know what to expect.

We walk in, making a turn. The warehouse is mostly empty, save for a bunch of metal shelves in rows. Klaus moves, revealing a blonde woman behind him. "Stefan." She breathed. "And Kat."

A name immediately flashes behind my eyes. Riley? No...not quite right. Becca....Rebekah! I gasp. "Becca!" Klaus whips around. "What did you say?" I stammer. "Um...Rebekah? Her name?" Klaus is in front of me in a flash.  "That's impossible. I erased your memory." He looks deep into my eyes. "Remember. Now." In an instant, I am teleported back maybe....80 years?

"You still have your dinner on your lips." The woman addresses him. I observe Stefan. Not much going on in there...emotion-wise. I shift in my heels. "Care to dance?" A voice asks behind me. "Sure." He leads me on the dance floor. His hand slides down to my waist, and the other interlaces with my hand. "So, is that your sister?" I ask, curious."Yes. That's Rebekah. I'm Klaus."  I nod."I'm Kat. That's my brother." He laughs, spinning me in a circle.