The Mikaelson Family

I stand off the side. Alaric is in the cave, that my...great great something Mason lead Damon to, taking pictures. He calls out names slowly, pointing. I look as best I can, around the rock. "Elijah. Rebekah..and Niklaus." Elena looks to me. "Klaus." We say at the same time. "Guys...these names are Viking. These rocks have been here long before Mystic Falls was founded." Damon rolls his eyes.

"Or Klaus could just be messing with us." Alaric shakes his head. "I would say that, but this last name suggests otherwise." He shines his light on it. "Mikael."

~~~

Elena has this insane idea that she can get Rebekah to talk to us, and about her family history no less! "Elena, I love you, but you're crazy! She won't talk to us." I open her car door. "Maybe, but it's worth a shot." She shuts the door, and I follow after her onto her high school campus. Rebekah is showing off again, doing multiple flips until she stops in front of Elena, frowning. "Oh. It's you. Goody."

"I was hoping we could talk." Rebekah scoffs. "About what? Stefan? Don't worry. I'm off him until he starts treating me right. In fact, you should probably take a page out of my book if I'm being honest." Elena pulls out the pictures. "Actually, I was curious about this." She holds up the picture of Mikael's name. Rebekah's face changes in an instant. "I'm curious why you and Klaus spent 1000 years running from your father."

Rebekah shifts on her feet, face smoothing over. "I should get back to the girls." She turns and walks away. "Well then maybe we'll ask Mikael when we wake him." Rebekah freezes in her tracks. She turn slowly, smiling smugly. "You're bluffing. You don't know where he is. No one does."

"Then who's rotting in that old cemetery in Charlotte?" Rebekah's smile drops. She's in front of us in an instant. I step in front of Elena. "If you wake him we are all doomed!" She spits out. "So then tell me!" Elena exclaims. She steps out from behind me. "What do you want to know?" Rebekah asks cautiously. "Why don't you want me to wake him?" Rebekah doesn't answer, clenching her jaw. "I need to get back to the girls." She says, finally, and walks off without another word.

~~~

Elena smugly shows Damon a text, then grabs my elbow, tugging me away. It's from Rebekah. She wants to meet. We walk through the door of my house, unsure. "There you are. Alright, have at it!" Rebekah greets us. She orders a group of 5 teenage girls. She instructs them to turn. " You compelled your own private runway show?" Elena asks, dubious. "Well, I need a dress for Homecoming, so what do you think? Pick one." They wear various dresses.

"Rebekah, we didn't come here to shop. We're here to talk about why you don't want us to wake Mikael." Rebekah frowns, speeding behind a girl. "I said pick one, girls." She hisses, threatening to bite into one's neck. Elena reacts quickly, gasping. "The red one!" She chokes. "Personally, I would've said the green." I mutter to myself. Rebekah stops, smiling. "There. That wasn't so hard, was it?" She sends them away. "Go away. Remember nothing."

She's so petty. I love it. Rebekah grabs a champagne cup off the table, sashaying to Elena. Gotta love the confidence. Elena backs up. "You do not threaten me." Rebekah says in a low voice. "You will learn what I allow you to learn...is that clear?" Elena nods slowly. I bite my lip, stifling a snort. Must suck to be a human. But oh well. I guess I really shouldn't be regarding Elena by her species. It's not her fault, after all. And I guess technically she's supernatural, what with being a doppelgänger and all.

~~~

"How fun is this?" Rebekah opens up Stefan's drawer, rummaging. "We shouldn't be in here." Rebekah pulls out a pair of my brothers boxers. I roll my eyes. "Of course we should. You've never want to snoop?" "I want to know your story." Rebekah sighs. "You really are no fun. What do you want to know?" She pages through papers on his table."How did you end up here?"