Road Trip

As expected, Stefan's not blind. He's seen how Damon and Elena act with each other. That's why he's using it as an excuse to send the two away, to "figure out their feelings", while on the trip to Jeremy. And for whatever reason, he insists I go to. "It'll be good for you. You need to get out of this town for a little while, away from the drama." He says. Yeah right. More like "I want you to go so you can watch Elena and Damon and make sure they don't do anything."

Well sorry Stefan. I don't interfere in these types of things.

~~~

Ughhh! Enough with the lovey-dovey eyes from Damon and Elena. I knew I should've sat in the front seat. But no. Now I have to see them sneaking glances at each other. Ew. Stefan might not be blind, but he's definitely stupid. What was he thinking? He basically just gave them an opening to sleep with each other.

We arrive at a school. We've been on the road for hours. Huh. So this is Jeremy's "nice school in Denver." We stand against a fence, overlooking teenagers playing baseball and other sports. Elena stands close, searching.  I follow her gaze and spot Jeremy. His back is to us as he strikes out.

"Next time we compel him, remind me to make him better at baseball." Elena rolls her eyes. "Hey!" Jeremy turns, lowering his bat. His face breaks out into a smile as he sees his sister. "Elena?" She presses her face against the fence, smiling back. Her eyes crease with warmth as Jeremy walks off the field to us. It's contagious, and I can't help smiling at the two. They're so young, but share a deep connection, despite being lesser blood related than previously thought.

He swings his helmet off, placing it against the fence. The two embrace tightly. Jeremy pulls back, frowning. "What's wrong?" Elena's own smile drops. Me and Damon walk behind the two. They remind me of us, Jeremy and Elena. Of how me and Damon used to be. He must think the same, a small smile on his face.  Or maybe he's happy to see Elena happy.

"We need to find out who sired Rose." Oh, right. In my haze last night, I was able to overhear Elena and Stefan's conversation. Sage died not long after Finn, and then her sired had died after her. If you kill an Original vampire, their entire blood-line dies with them. Stefan doesn't think I count as being sired from Klaus. He didn't technically turn me, if he didn't sire Rose, who sired Katherine, who sired Stefan, who sired me.

I was already a werewolf, just dormant. It was only his blood that triggered it. Still, it might be possible. "So you flew across the country to get me to talk to a dead vampire?" "Drove. But yes." Jeremy shakes his head. "I don't think so. I don't have a connection to Rose. I won't be able to contact her." Damon groans as we stop. "What good is you dying and coming back to life if you can't talk to ghosts when I need you to?"

I kick him in the shins. He glares at me. "Rose and Damon were close. Maybe we can use him as a connection." Elena suggests. Hm. Not bad. Jeremy groans and throws his hands up. "Fine. But can we do it later? My friend just got here, and yes Damon, I actually have some. I'll call you when I'm done." He puts his phone back into his pocket and walks through us.

I stiffen as a familiar scent wafts into my nose. Damon gives me a strange look. Elena turns. "Jer-" She stops. I turn sharply. Kol walks behind us, carrying a wooden bat on his shoulder. He smiles at me, wiggling his fingers. I grimace. The nose never lies. Elena taps Damon's shoulder. "Damon!" He swivels. Kol hits him across the face, quicker than he can react.

Jeremy whips around, gasping. Elena jumps back. "What the hell are you doing?" Jeremy demands. "Jeremy get back! He's an Original!" Elena yelps. He walks toward Jeremy, who only stares in confusion. "No hard feelings mate, but we're not buds." He holds the same British accent all of his siblings do, except Elijah, strangely. The broken remains of the bat reside beside Damon. A particularly sharp bit is the exact shape of a stake.