(iv)Book 1: Chapter 3- Glare Fight And Mistaken Girlfriend

AYANA'S POV

I wake up in the middle of the night by hearing some noise. I turn on the lights on and reach for my pocket knife. Yes, I always keep one around and the reason is that I almost feel it everyday that someone is following me. I felt it the first time on Afifa's third birthday, three years ago. The same day when Emir was leaving for New York. I didn't tell anyone about this. I was brave, I always tried to look for it.

I search the entire house and as usual found nothing. I go to Afifa's room and find her awake.

"Why are you up so late sweetie?" I ask.

"Ana I felt someone touching my face. Was it you, or mommy?"

Mom was fast asleep and I just came here! What is she saying. I walk fast to her and sit by her side, fear taking the best of me,

"What are you saying? Mom's asleep. No one came here. Tell me everything."

"I was sleeping and I felt something on face. It was ticklish. I laughed and asked who this is. No one spoke and it was dark so I couldn't see. It must be daddy then because only he has that broad shoulders." She explains. "But daddy never forces my eyes open to look into them. That's what you usually do. So I thought its you. I asked but no voice."

I feel my body shiver with fear. I kiss her and let her cuddle me.

"Can I sleep with you today?" I ask her.

"Sure Ana. We will talk about my dream. It was so nice."

As she recites me her dream I keep thinking of what she just told me. That's it, I will call Emir tomorrow and explain him everything.  

*********

Next Morning

As I park my car I find Isra with some new guy coming towards me. 

'Ana, meet Hamza. He is the guy I was talking about.'

'Oh right. Nice to meet you Hamza.' The three of us go for coffee as they continue to be new love birds as I resist my urge to yawn.

'We are really serious about each other. But we don't want to tell Zayn just now. Hamza told me that Zayn doesn't like him. As Zayn listens to you the most so I was hoping that you should convince him that I am really serious this time.' Isra says.

Now I cant say in front of Hamza that Isra says it every time but is never really serious. We dont understand why she does it. Zayn has totally given up on her. And her parents well, they visit us once in months. The nature of their job is complicated. 

******

We are all sitting outside on the ground enjoying the sunshine. When a guy I have never even seen before walks by and winks at me. 

'Did he had the nerve to wink at you while your two famous bodyguards are around?' Hana asks in amusement as she too noticed that.

'I guess.' I say as a blush covers my cheeks.

'Oh goodness Ana! You blush at even the word 'guy'. This is ridiculous!' Isra expresses her annoyance.

'Its okay Isra. Its not her fault. This happens when you have been single all your life.' Asher says as Isra and Asher burst into a laugh. 

Then they keep teasing me and making jokes over this laughing even harder, soon to be joined by Zayn too. I hit Zayn so as to remind him that he is my brother and he should not be laughing at such jokes directed at his sister and should rather silence the person cracking them up.