(xiii)Book 1: Chapter 10- Figuring It Out Finally

AYANA'S POV

Handling everything with perfection is possible for anyone, until something besides daily routine starts bothering you. And right now there are two things beside normal routine that are bothering me. First is Asher's changing attitudes and the next is Afifa's doctor.

Last few days with him made me feel I got my friend back. Back well, it isn't the right word because we never broke up to begin with but then we never admitted being friends either. I don't know what we are, but he matters a lot to me and deep down I know that we both feel the same, caring without expressing, teasing but never hurting, saying I hate you for a million times but never meaning it. We are so much same. But I see it now, he resists me whenever I try to comprehend him, he pushes me away whenever I feel we are good and whenever I start to like him and see through his shell, he does something to make sure that I would hate him forever. He always succeeds but I am stubborn as I always forget about it. He never genuinely hurt me. Never spoke that harshly. Never gave me this cold look which he gave me today that too just after making me feel so warm. I swear to God, one day I am going to find out whatever the hell goes through his dumb head.

So I did what any girl would do in such situation. I ran away. And oh, did I forget to mention that I literally forgot about my date. Funny that I was getting ready for it and was so excited. But as I stomped out of the house, started the car and pulled out, it didn't for once occur to me that I had to go on a date with a guy who may be my prince charming. So just like some dramatic heroine, I didn't even notice that Miles was standing by the stairs and I think he called my name few times but then again I pulled out that dramatic side of me- which I didn't know existed until now- and ran away completely ignoring him. Yaay me! 

I chastise myself as I reach home. I enter inside ready to overthink about it in my room but to my surprise I am greeted by my brother.

"Emir!" I call out surprised. "Omg it's so good to see you." I say as I run to hug him.

"I missed you baby sister."

"I missed you too big brother." I say pulling back and noticing that Isra and Zayn are here too.

"Weren't you supposed to be on a date?" Zayn seems pretty shocked to see me.

"Yea. I mean no." I try to shut him up as I don't wanna remember all that. It was hurting and embarrassing. The Asher part was hurting and my running away like Cinderella part was embarrassing.

"But why? He had been planning it the whole day. Asking me about your likes and dislikes." He discloses making me curious as to what special date could this be and making me feel guilty that I cancelled the plan like that.

"Would anyone tell me what's happening here?" We both look at Emir who is accessing us.

"Who is this guy you are dating?"

"I am not dating him. We just went out once and today we had to go but I changed the plan as I was feeling a bit exhausted." I lie.

"Zayn what's she saying? Why have none of you bothered to inform me. I might not be here but I am still your elder brother."

"I thought you are keeping your promise man?" He is talking to Zayn now. "You were to take care if her in my absence and I made it very clear that she should see no boy without my consent."

"Emir don't be ridiculous." Isra interrupts. "You only came. And of course she doesn't need anyone's approval to just get to know a guy. She is seventeen not eleven. For god sake. You guys treat her like a small baby. Whats the difference between me and her, we are all just like siblings but when I have got no restrictions on me even when I am more reckless then why cant she have fun while she is so careful and mannered." She speaks for me and I am grateful.