(xvii) Book 2: Chapter 4- New beginnings of the past

Natalia's POV

It was my last year at university when I met Zaroon. We became friends really fast, and when I introduced him to Hyder, I found out that they already know each other. As besides studies Zaroon was handling his business too and Hyder and him had met many times as they deal in same kind of business. Zaroon and I were the same age, he was also really handsome, I liked to spend time with him a lot and soon we fell in love. I told dad about it but he refused. He told me that he had given his word to Dr Aryan and I will have to marry Hyder as soon as I get my degree.

'Natie, he has devoted his life for our family. How can I refuse him the one thing that he has asked from me?'

'Dad, I am in love with this man. I have also never asked from you anything. This is the only thing I demand. Please don't take this feeling away from me. I feel for him a lot. I cant ignore this. I have tried.' I say almost in whispers because I have never argued with him on anything before. I am too afraid to raise my voice.

'What should I say to Aryan? He is my cousin Natalia. We are same family and he has helped us like a blood brother. You will be really happy with Hyder. Trust me.'

'I don't love Hyder.'

'Then learn to love him. Your fate has been decided. I am sure you will honor my word.'

I keep crying the whole day and decide that I will refuse Zaroon's proposal the very next day.

I spend the entire night travelling through different timelines. I do it as part of my normal routine now, however I haven't told dad and Dr Aryan about it. The lesser they know about my abilities the better.

In the morning I pack few things in a hand carry leave a note that I wont be returning. I don't even ask Zaroon if he is ready, I trust my love enough to know that he won't send me back home. I meet him and tell him if we could get married right now. He just asks me one question.

'Do you want to buy a new dress or this one is fine?'

In a few hours I am at his home in USA as his legally wedded life.

*********************

Few months pass without any contact back home. I call mom several times, she once even picks up the phone but I take the guess that dad has told everyone to not talk to me at all. Finally after almost a year of marriage its Dr Aryan and Hyder who come to visit me.

'You could have talked to me daughter, I would understand. You didn't have to run away.' Dr Aryan says to me.

'I was tired uncle. Tired of fulfilling everyone's desires and wanting nothing for myself.' I tell him.

'It's okay love. Maybe we were too harsh on you. I just love you like my own daughter. Don't worry about your dad. He will understand some day.' He consoles me and then tells me the reason he is here.

'If you don't want to continue with what we started years ago that is your choice. but for the sake of all the years that I have spent to make you who you are today, don't refuse me this favor that I am asking from you. At least assist the research that has been started. Don't abandon it completely. You know we are close to the results.'

'I will think about it Uncle. I will discuss it with Zaroon and inform you within few days.