(xxxvii) Book 1: Chapter 30-Meeting the Kidnapper

Ayana's POV:

I wake up to find myself in a strange looking room which is extremely illuminated. Before I can register my surroundings, a familiar voice greets me, and it takes me a half minute to recognize it.

"Yes darling, you have been kidnapped by none other than your dear Uncle." Mr. Hyder says.

I look at him with my head throbbing with pain and still feeling dizzy. "Can I have some water?" I am surprised to hear my voice which comes exceptionally weak. There is another woman in the room, dressed in black coat and tie, who gives me water.

"Feel at home," Mr. Hyder says, "because for now this is your new home."

He turns to leave with a grin plastered on his face and for a split second, I feel like blacking out. And my tears start to fall.

"Where is Afifa?!" I shout and he turns.

"Oh sweetie, don't cry!" He comes back and places his hands on my shoulders. "I am your uncle. Not just your father's friend, but your maternal relative too. How can I hurt you and your sister?"

I give a jerk to my shoulder so that he removes his hand. I feel extremely scared and I have no idea where I am or what he wants.

He sits next to me and starts looking in my eyes and I instantly look away, "That's such a disappointment Ayana. You are going to be my daughter in law. I am from a noble family; you know I have no bad intentions. You are like a daughter to me. I will talk to you tomorrow about why you are here. Then you will understand that I am not a bad person. Stop being scared. Have a good sleep. I will show you around in the morning. Good night daughter."

He leaves and I sob quietly. That woman doesn't leave the room, she keeps standing by the door looking straight at the opposite wall, like a robot. I keep sobbing until I realize that my lenses are coming off. Oh no!

I go the washroom and fix myself and then go to sleep.

*****

"Your mother had exceptional powers and she believed that any person is capable of the same if from a young age he is trained to explore the depths of his mind." Mr. Hyder says to me as I reach that place where he has kept his experimental subjects comprising of many girls and boys in different cubicles each with a person in uniform and another in a lab coat.

"We all know that brain is very powerful, and it controls all of us. But she had learned to control her mind in every sense of the term. Isn't it brilliant?!" He beams excitedly and turns to me who is confusedly following him around this building that looks like a research facility with plenty of human subjects, probably all of them being abducted.

"Now you must be wondering how she was capable of accomplishing this. She would think of a novel task for her mind and then invent exercises for it, she would exhaust her mental faculties into practicing the same. With enough training paired with resilience and patience she would achieve it. She has written books which are proven by herself." He hands me a book titled mind reading. "This was her first book and the only one that got published because the experiments explained here have been close to what other people actually do practice and many are able to read minds." He shows me another book titled, The Art of Telepathy, "This was the second published book of your mother. She believed that there is no science about telepathy and thought of it as an art, but she was wrong. To be able to communicate both brains must have the potential to send as well as receive messages. Mind reading is a lot easier you can do it anywhere anytime with any type of person, but telepathy is difficult. Just like you can't call a person who does not have a cell phone, similarly you can't send messages through mind to someone who is not capable of receiving them." He finishes and I wait for him to come to the point.