(ii)Book 1: Chapter 2- My Unusual Enemy

AYANA'S POV

I liked my school a lot. When saying I like school does in no way mean that I like spending time with people here. I am more interested in the campus. Our school is majestically huge with a building of perfect old architecture surrounded by lush green lawns. It is an old school of 18th century and has that aura which is depicted by Hogwards from Harry Potter. Okay maybe I exaggerated, it is not even close to the perfection of that kind but it its architecture is just the same. The un-painted bricks covering the external view, a fountain surrounded by a thick grassy lawn, with sports complex on one side and trees on the other side. I along with my friends usually prefer sitting on this side of the ground which margins with the trees. This area has a row of equally spaced benches and we have this one bench kinda booked for us. We would grab our eatables and sit in a circle on the ground beside this bench. Whats so special about this bench is that behind it is the beautiful tall majestic tree which has thick trunk and strong branches and the lowest branch is very easy to climb up. If you stand up on that bench and someone lifts you up, you can easily reach for the lowest branch which is by the way almost fifteen feet from the ground. Once you have climb this branch going up till the top is very easy; provided that you have strong arms. And by the grace of Almighty I have strong arms as I am good with martial arts. So it is my usual practice to climb this heavenly beautiful tree with the initial help from Zayn.

Right now I am up on a branch, peacefully sitting whilst munching on my apple and watching the entire campus far till the end of the football ground. I would usually read a book here but right now I hadn't planned to sit here rather wanted to sit with friends and enjoy my time. But, the stupid idiotic guy in our little squad managed to get on my nerves and because I couldn't handle his pointless bickering and couldn't ask him to leave either as I am a very mannered girl so I typically rolled my eyes at him which gave him the sign that I don't want to talk to him and asked Zayn to help me with the climb. 

Asher and I are extremely weird to describe. We keep fighting on useless things, serious fighting that leads to us not talking for a maximum of two days. But we also get along extremely well. He reads me so easily and can tell with total perfection as to what I am sad about. I don't make such wild guesses but I too easily understand if he is faking something. We share everything with each other. Tell a lot, speak about our problems a lot and our chemistry too matches a lot, its just hard to find this kind of compatibility. But what is wrong about us is that he gets extremely weird in different ways, that tend to piss me off. Although what keeps us friends still is that no matter how much of a bad mood he is in, his attitude towards me never changes. Little bickering apart, but other than that I can see that he wants me to stay his friend just as much as I do. He never says it, nor do I. We both hate cheesy. Even to this extent that at times I wont even admit that he is my best friend and he too would deny it just as easily. But actions speak louder than words don't they? And I don't miss any chance in showing him how important he is to me. Same is the case with him. The thing although is, that I do so because he does it. I fight because he fights. I try to push him away at times because he does. My side is well explained but the reason why he does it is totally incomprehensible.

A view of two guys in football ground one holding the other from his collar and the next ready to block his punch catches my attention bringing me out my thoughts of Asher.

"Guys! Guess what I caught my eye!" I don't delay in shouting it out to my friends.

"Don't tell me you see PDA!" Asher guesses making others chuckle and making me roll my eyes. I am angry at him. This is enough of a justification for my eye rolling at every thing he says, even if that is a genuine joke.

"I see a fight." I tell others as I decide to ignore his remark and not comeback on it. "I can't recognize the people around so I assume those are seniors. And there.." I focus closely, "I think our head boy trying to stop the fight."