(xiv) Book 1: Chapter 11- Curiosity, My New Best Friend

Ayana's POV

A simple step can make your life take a drastic turn. And the worry for the believers of fate is that life will eventually take that turn whether or not you take that step.

I just stare at the screen, taking everything in. For a moment I am completely blank as to what should I do with this little piece of information. A coward or maybe sensible part of me tells me that I should ignore this, or let Emir handle this, but the curious and daring part of me tells me otherwise. I almost instantly do the first thing that reaches my brilliant head, I call Richard Mathew.

Few minutes later I am driving to his house while thinking about are the ways by which he could kill me. I contempate the situation, a cute blonde guy invites you and your parents to his house, acts like a gentleman and the next thing you find out is that he has been spying on you and your trusted servant is his minion. So I am not wrong to think that he could be a serial killer.

If I suspect him to be a killer than why am I going into his trap? Well the word curiosity explains it all. 

Richard asks me for coffee and I decide to take the risk. I meet his mom and spend good fifteen minutes chatting with her. She is in my mom's social circle and she would definitely tell her about my visit but that's not a problem as my mom doesn't give a damn.

"So what kind of favor did you want?" He asks me after his mom leaves us. I sip my coffee and start reluctantly.

"You showed me some paintings at the party. The ones you painted?" I start. This was just a way to get to him. I am never much fan of paintings.

He nods and I continue, "Afifa's birthday is coming and she wants me to make her a painting. I cant even hold the brush. So, I was wondering if you could help me make it."

He beams and instantly gives in. I mentally high five myself. My plan is to get close to Mathews, make them think I trust them and in the meanwhile confirm my suspicions. If Emir is right about someone wanting something from me than it won't take me long to find out.

'And dumbass it wouldn't take them long to get what they want either, you will make things easier for them by going to them.' My inner voice tells me but I shush it.

I admire his place as he ahows me around. He then points to a closed room, "Its the library and dad's office." that catches my attention, basically that spy-thief talked to Mathews. There was a chance that Richard didn't know anything and it was his father who wanted something.

"Wont you show me the library, I love to read."

"Yea of course." He takes me inside. I see it woth a detectives eye and find another door inside this room a little suspicious. It could just be attatch bathroom but why needed in a library? I appreciate the library and decide to leave now.

"So we will talk over the phone about when do we start." I say before leaving.

I had switched off my phone when I entered Richard's mansion. I wanted to avoid any call and hence avoid telling a lie which I had done enough for today. I switch it on as I drive home and find three missed calls from Esmael. I call him back.

"Hey did you reach home safe?" He asks and I like it. Such a gentleman.

"I did."

"Why was your phone switched off. I was worried."

"I am fine Miles. What's there to be worried about?"

"Both of yours phones are switched off. He isn't home yet. No text from you too. Do you know where he went? Jenna is over here and you know she doesn't like me so it's awkward and that idiot is no where to be found." Jenna is Asher's mother and Esmael's step mother.