(xv) Book 1: Chapter 12_The Party And The Barbie

Ayana's POV

I wake up and open the list I made yesterday which reads;

1. Find out about that blonde Barbie.

2. Confirm your suspicions on Mathews.

3. Find out about Natalia.

I stare at the list and all I want to do is tear it off and sleep again. But the curiosity in me isn't letting me wait for it. The first task is of highest priority. I have no idea who that girl is but its bothering me and I just want to know if she is Asher's girlfriend or not. Not that I care but if she is then I feel the need to know.

As far as Natalia is concerned well its pretty easy to find out. All I have to do is visit a college friend of my Mom. Or use internet. The media is always so interested in personal affairs of billionaires. Perhaps little but it would be better than no information at all on the single person who has my eyes. This meeting will be fixed for another day as tonight is the party night and it is important to dad. Isra is very excited for it. She literally has called me more times in these two days than the seventeen years of my existence.

I proceed to wear my shoes when my phone starts ringing.

"I am coming Isra. Just fifteen minutes." I say through the phone. Seriously why do I have to see the final arrangements? Neither I have any idea about it nor I want to become an event planner.

"Can you please come soon. So that I can alter things on time."

"On my way."

I wanted to visit Richard today but I guess a friend in need should be my first priority.

I enter the party hall. It is elegantly decorated with fawn curtains and beautiful chandeliers. White flowers on the tables are complementing the elegancy. The party starts at six o clock tonight and its barely ten a.m and everything is almost ready.

"Its awesome Isra." I say impressed by her dedication and choice.

"I wanted the waitresses to dress in same colors. What do you think?"

"I think usual black dress is good for them." I turn to look at the source of the voice and gape im surprize when I see the same blonde barbie in front of me.

"Hi I am Lauren." She smiles at me.

Realizing that she is waiting for me to accept her greeting, I recover from my shock and smile back, "Ayana Zaroon."

"I know." she says as she flips her long hair.

"Well Ana she helped me a little. She is the daughter of Annabelle Dawson." I give her a who the hell is this Dawson look and she quickly adds, "Annabelle Dawson is a renowned event planer."

"Nice to meet you Lauren." I smile at her. "Its great that she found someone who could help, she was so nervous about tonight." I try to warm up to her, ask me how hard it was? Although I have no idea why I don't even like the sight of her.

"It was a fortunate coincidence." She tells me. I really don't want to dwell in how the coincidence occurred and all, I had so much to do already.

"I am sure Uncle wont mind, I kind of invited her to the party." Isra whispers to me as I walk with her and examine the decorations, well more like admire them. I wouldn't have disapproved if I hadn't liked it because I know nothing about all this and I don't even care. I am glad Dad trusted Isra with this party. I haven't seen her so happy in a while. Like genuinely happy. She is carefree and cool but I know she misses her parents and that leaves a bit of sadness in her eyes. They call her once in a week just to ensure she is alive and that's it. She doesn't say it but of course it bothers her.