(xxvi) Book 1: Chapter 21- Doing Against My Heart

Ayana's POV
Another whole week has passed and no clue is found on Afifa. Everyone has been telling me that its in progress but I am too impatient and too curious by nature. No body is telling me what is actually happening. Maybe they have found just no clues yet. So don't judge me on what I am going to do now.

I call the person who helped me investigate on that stalker/thief.

"Sean here. So tell me miss Ayana, how may I help you this time?" He says picking up.

"Will tell you when I meet you."

"Okay. Meet me at the local park, in about an hour."

After hanging up I think if I am being stupid to try to handle this on my own while the police is doing its business and Asher too is trying to find out through some mysterious source.

I set aside the sane thoughts and leave the house to meet this guy. Its a good time to leave because dad and Emir are at the office. Isra and Zayn come home late from school because Zayn has to practice football after school and Isra is taking care of a function that our school is organising. I mostly spend my day in my room and get irritated when someone comes to check up on me so my family is leaving me to myself for my own good and I cant be more thankful. Step mom.. well lets just not talk about her.

****

I am at the park, walking with Sean. Its his usual way of meeting clients.

"My sister got kidnapped about two weeks ago." I begin.

"I am sorry to hear that."

"Police is investigating but.. I want you to do something too. Because if I suggest this to them they will dismiss it as a thing said by an immature girl. And because thats none of your business whether I sound stupid or not, you are going to do as I say."

He chuckles. "You already sound childish to me. But sure thats not my problem if I get a nice pay."

"Great."

I tell him every tiny detail and he assures me that in matter of two days he will get all possible data on Mathews as well as that doctor. I ask some personal questions too and he replies to some of them. Thats what I find out; He is a very good hacker and works for private agencies. Not associated with a specific one but when their IT experts fail on something then he is called. He is 27 and earns good money from the agencies but he cant rely on that because they call him once in three months. So he handles small businesses like this one. I spend good two hours at the park with Sean. Before I leave he takes my phone to his car, connects it with his laptop.

"Whats this for?" I ask.

"We will have to communicate through phones too sometimes so I am making sure our communication remains encrypted." He explains.

After listening to his spy ways of meeting and communicating that I have to strictly follow, I leave.

****
As I reach home I find Asher waiting for me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Isra asked us to paint a banner remember?" He says and I remember. A small fair is being set up by our school  for which we have to make small booths, decorate them, make money for the charity. My friends, basically just Isra decided we will set up a games corner. Some weird throwing the rings in horns type games. I don't know why she thought I am good at painting and assigned Asher and I the task of painting a banner.