(xxi) Book 1: Chapter 17_ Telling him

Ayana's POV
Beautiful moments cant be seen, they can be felt. And they are not something extra-ordinarily perfect, they can be very simple and yet very important.

Just like ditching a party to sit on the rooftop with someone close to your heart; opening up your heart to someone who really cares; telling someone stupid things and knowing they will believe you.

We are doing all of it right now, sitting on the rooftop with our legs dangling down. Faint music from the party downstairs can be heard. Stars are not very visible, but well they never are in this town. Still we are looking up at the stars, our heads bending backwards to focus the sky and our hands on the floor to support our bended-back positions.

"Do I have to wait all night long for you to start." Asher says followed by a yawn.

"I thought you said sitting here was better than the dumb party downstairs."

"Doesn't mean I can sit here forever."

"It's that. I can't figure out how to start. There is just so much you don't know. I can't tell all of it just today."

He relaxes his back and turns his head to look at me. "Wow kitten." He says sarcastically. "Is it okay for me to feel offended? I never knew you are keeping that many secrets from me."

"Its not just you Asher. These are secrets no body knows. Okay some are the ones Emir knows but that's it. After I tell you, you will understand why I couldn't just come over and say it like the newest gossip or like telling you what I had for breakfast or how annoying you can be. So just stop glaring at me and stop..." I raise my forefinger up to the level of his head and slide it against his creased forehead. "...Frowning."

His lips crook up in a smirk.

"What?"

"Nothing." His smirk changes to a smile as he refuses to look anywhere but right into my eyes.

After few seconds, when he doesn't look away, I repeat my question but with a little drawl this time. "Whaat?"

"Nothing."

"What are you looking at?"

"I was comparing you with something. You definitely do look like a bunny."

"What?" I roll my eyes.

"Yeah I mean look at your nose. Its so flat like a bunny." He tells me making my hand fly to my nose instantly, causing him to guffaw with laughter.

Well what a jerk. I thought we were here for a serious discussion. I was so serious and he was noticing my nose? Seriously?

"Stop laughing Asher. I don't look like a rabbit!"

"I never said it. I said bunny."

"There is no difference." I reason while rolling my eyes. "Plus you were looking into my eyes not at my nose!"

"Newsflash. Nose is close to eyes."

"You are just jealous that my eyes are prettier." I huff.

Okay I might not care much about how I dress up but I am still a girl and definitely conscious of my looks and features and he cannot just say that my nose is like that of a rabbit, bunny whatever.

"Why would I be. Mine are blue too remember?"

"But they are not interesting. Mine are. And thats why you were looking into my eyes." I comeback without actually meaning it.

He goes quiet after hearing me.

"What no more comebacks."

"No. Because you are right." He says it without any hint of a joke or something which makes me a little uncomfortable. "You are right your eyes are different. They remind me of a bunny I saw in the zoo." He finishes and laughs at his own stupid joke.