(xxxvi) Book 1: Chapter 29- Kidnapped

Ayana's POV

I spend the next few days at home. I refuse to go to school or deal with everyone including Elena, dad, Isra, emir, Zayn, miles and of course Asher. Each one of them has hurt me equally. At this point I don't really care who hurt me the most, but all of them has at least made an effort to seek forgiveness except Elena and Asher. Asher had not called or texted or said as much a single time after that night that he is sorry. He is worst than Elena. At least she was what she was. She never loved me and never came to hug me or talk to me but Asher, he was here. I still can't believe he would do it. Not that I trust my believes anymore yet I can't help but wonder as to how could my instincts be so bad that they still can't digest the fact that he could betray me.

I feel tears poring down my eyes as I clutch the pillow tighter and close my eyes. And just as I close my eyes, I feel a dizziness take over me and suddenly I see something flash before my eyes. It had been very long since I last had these dreams while awake. This time I couldn't focus on what it was, but I wanted to. So, I close my eyes and keep waiting to look at something keenly, but nothing happens. Just when I give up the thought and open my eyes, I hear a voice in my head that seems too clear, it's a loud voice of a man that suddenly jolts me out of my dreamy state.

'You are going to marry Aryan's son. No more discussion Natie!'

My eyes snap open and I stand right up. It felt as if someone actually spoke those words here in this room. I have been having these images for a long time, but I never remembered them after my haziness was over. This is the first time I remember something.

Before I could dwell on it further Emir comes inside my room.

"Leave me alone Emir." I say as I make useless attempt to hide from him that I had been crying.

"It has been four days you are shut inside this room. I am not eating dinner today without you. Please come for dinner only?" he pleads.

I stay quiet and turn away as I wait for him to leave me alone. "Okay don't come. But you must go to school tomorrow. Zayn just called and told me that you have a test tomorrow. You have already missed two quizzes and this one will affect your grades."

"Okay, I'll go." I mumble.

"Ana, What's wrong? Haven't seen you like this ever before. You weren't like this even when Afifa went missing."

I stay quiet again and sit down on my bed and hug my pillow again. Emir comes to sit next to me and after few minutes of silence he sighs.

"Ana." He says with a hint of guilt. "Asher never did anything wrong."

I roll my eyes and ask him to leave but he continues.

"Enough secrets from you now. I promise I will not hide anything from you anymore. Whatever Asher took the blame for was done by Miles. Miles came here for only one reason that is what you know. Asher was the one who has been helping me find her. He found out some important things and it was him who told us about Miles being a traitor. It was his plan to use Miles to our advantage."

"but..." I am taken aback by his answer. "why would-"

"I honestly don't know why he did it and I don't care. You can go ask Zayn about all of this. He might know better. The possible reason seems that if you found out it was Miles you would be more hurt because you love Miles." He kisses me forehead gives me a hug and leaves.

"Zayn is here. I told him not to disturb you, but he is really worried. You can go and talk to him if you want to."

Without wasting a second, I walk out of my room and find myself in Zayn's room.