(XLIII) Book 1: Chapter 35- One Last Time

Asher's POV

I reach her place and I am greeted by Uncle Zaroon who probably doesn't want me around his daughter anymore because of knowing about my new reputation related to uncle Michael as well as dad. But to my surprise he welcomes me still.

Emir also doesn't tell me to stay away from my Kitten or even that I shouldn't go to her room. Maybe I am just assuming the worst cases. Which makes sense given how unlucky I have been lately.

I simply ask them can I meet her and they tell me that she is in her room. Congratulations to me for some stroke of luck in this most difficult day of my life.

I enter her room and find her sitting with Afifa looking beautiful in her casuals as usual. Afifa runs to hug me and I am glad for a second comforting thing of this day. After a bit I ask her to send Afifa away because I have to talk about something.

I remove the curtains and open her windows to allow the sunlight to come in so that I can look at her beautiful eyes one last time. We sit just by the window and I talk about silly things.

I keep looking at her and she keeps looking here and there and then back at me. She is being uncomfortable, and I wait till she gets annoyed and swat me away. How much I will miss her.

"Okay stop it Asher. Look somewhere else already! You are acting creepy!" She says, and I laugh.

"Why? I have seen you after ages." I chuckle but then I look away so that she can be comfortable.

"I hate you for lying to me."

She says and then does something unexpected she encircles her arms into mine, sits closer and rests her head on my shoulder. I clasp her hand with my free arm and make her comfortable by freeing my arm from her and snaking it around her. We sit there in comfortable silence for few minutes. No words needed. Her gesture enough to tell me what she feels about me. I know she loves me. I am sure this time. And as much as I want to tell her how much I love her too; I know I can't.

"Are you sad because of your father?" She asks after few minutes sensing that I am depressed about something.

"Partly." I reply.

"Kitten?"

"Yes."

"I came here to talk to you about something really important." I say and she pulls out of my embrace to look at me. I notice her deep blue eyes keen on hearing what I have to see and her face curious and worried. I feel the need to touch her smooth face and I caress her cheek as I find myself hallucinated by her.

"What is it Asher?" She asks pulling me out of my hazed state.

I want to forget what I came here for and I want to say that I love you. And then go back to uncle and tell him that I accept his offer.

She wipes something on my face, and I realize I had shed a tear, "Asher you are making me worry. Please speak."

"Promise me you wont judge?" I ask her while feeling immensely insecure as to what she would think for the first time. Few weeks back when I took the blame for something, I hadn't done I was not insecure because firstly it was something, I wasn't guilty of and secondly, I didn't knew I love her this much. I was okay losing her and keeping my feelings at bay, I was sure that I will get over it sooner or later. But now I don't want to lose her, I don't want to get over her, I don't want to let go of this beautiful feeling that makes me weak at the mere thought being disliked by her for any reason. I am insecure that after hearing about my past she might refuse to even look at me. I am afraid.

"I promise I will not judge. Tell me. Did you murder someone?" she speaks of the worst possibility so that I can get easy about talking of anything lesser evil. This makes me smile but not eased up.