14: Haunted

CHAPTER 14: HAUNTED

Vincent Florence

The Halloween festivities were an exciting day. I was able to form a quick coalition of students from different departments to come together and begin to plan something together. We had people working on music from the orchestra club, props from the drama club, snacks from the culinary club, decorations from the leadership club, and the cinema club made a rotation of different movies to screen.

Our friend group didn't show up with costumes. We're saving those for later when we go to Auburn Nights. I wore some devil horns on my head, that's the most I did. I eventually left during the afternoon to get my outfit ready. Luckily, it turned out perfect.

Charlie Brewer, the president of the fashion club, helped with creating an outfit from one of my favorite movies, The Corpse Bride. It's a bit unconventional for a guy to wear a dress. But I just adore this character so much.

I went back to the fashion club and got painted and dressed there. The first thing was the blue coat on my skin. Then it was a wig, and then the actual costume. So I was now fully ready to attend the Auburn Nights Halloween Night.

When night came, I entered back into the north-east wing of the academy and entered back to the common room. The inside of the common room was dark, with only a jack-o-lantern in the middle of the room.

"Guys! This isn't funny!" I said.

"BOO!" A pair of hands grabbed me.

"NO!" I yelled, punching whoever grabbed me in the face. The lights came on and I realized I had punched Percy on the cheek bone.

"My face! My beautiful face!" Percy clutched his cheek.

"I knew this was going to happen." Tavia said, grabbing an ice bag she had ready in hand and bringing it to Percy. "I told him not to do that. But it was his idea." She told me.

"Sorry, Percy. It was instinctual." I said to him.

"Don't sweat it." He said. He held the ice bag in hand and looked up at me. "What are you wearing?" He asked.

"I'm Corpse Bride!" I said. Percy and Octavia looked confused. "From the Tim Burton movie! No? Have you guys ever seen it?" I asked.

"No..." Percy said.

"I guess I know what we're watching tonight!" I cheered.

"What's with all this chatter!?" Connor said, turning the corner with a bowl of punch in hand. "Woah!" He said as he saw me.

"You like?" I asked.

"Who are you supposed to be?" He asked.

"Has no one seen The Corpse Bride here?!" I asked. I then took a look at their outfits.