Fury

I felt the wood slam into my ribs and I remembered the crunch of the wood and my bones. The pain was like blood as it flowed all around my body but it seemed like I needed it to stay awake and not go insane. The wind was knocked out of my lungs and I bit my lip to stop myself from screaming.

My eyes desperately searched for Daemon, he was under the table thank god, but his eyes were closed and the hot air scorched my lungs but I didn't care. I saw Dee and Luc stir. I struggled to move as every millimetre I moved my nerves seemed to ignite, and I clenched my fists and rested my forehead on the tiles and felt tears start to flow.

It was times of loneliness like this that I missed my mum's confort, I know it seems strange, I should been wanting to escape and get out of this hell on freakin' earth. But I didn't. I wanted her. The sound of her voice was worth more than any fireworks display, diamond ring or mansion. The flames roars as they must have reached the alcohol, I didn't so much as flinch as the warmth flourished over my body. I heard screams from others and heard Dee's yell and the flames envelopes me. I smelt the burning hair and flesh but I don't feel it and I scrunched my eyes and opened the source to protect me.

It felt like I was holding a nuclear bomb in my heart and I was becoming unstable, when I saw the light disappear through my eyes and dropped the source. I collapsed to the floor unable to protect myself. When I opened my eyes I was aware of every stirring of a single hair on the tiles or a fingernail grind on the wood, I heard a clink as the plaster cracked holding the chandelior.

I eyes zoomed everywhere. Suddenly I saw the child seat for Ashley. Where was she? My eyes seemed to suddenly become attracted to a shadow under the table, I signed as I realised it was Ashley. She moved and opened an eye.

I smiled and let my head rest on to the tiles, and I smiled against it and used all my strength to move the wood. It didn't so much as rattle. Ashley began crawling towards me from out of the table, I pleaded for her to stay but her stamina was incredible. Beth opened her eyes and screamed as Ashley stared crawling towards danger, the chandelier shook.

My eyes widened as the powder of the plaster was falling like snow, I reached for her with my arm but she was just a few inches away.

Before I could think the chandelier was falling. Falling towards the child. Yes she isn't a normal baby but I wasn't going to treat her like she was invincible. The crystals clanged together and smashed, I lounged forward and cradled her. I enveloped Ashley in my arms, forgetting to use the force the metal body of the chandelier crushed into me and a shard impaled my upper back.

I couldn't scream, I opened my mouth in a silent scream as tears streamed.
Dee was wailing in the table and Beth was pushing forward. She got out from under the table and sat in front of me. The pain was unimaginable. The worst thing was that it was constant and wouldn't give in and burning fiery pain spread as I felt the warm liquid sep on my back and on my top. But I couldn't stop the pain and the sudden guilt that Daemon must be feeling this as well.

I pulled myself up to reveal Ashley. Beth's mother mood kicked in and before I collapsed on the floor, she shot her hands out and launched on to Ashley. As my ribs clashed with the floor, the shard shifted and I winced and began coughing, I coughed and gagged until I had to squeeze my eyes shut. I was afraid to open my eyes because everything was suddenly silent. I opened one eye to see a thin layer of blood splattered on the floor and the taste of the metallic substance followed.

I heard sirens as Dee crawled slowly over and Beth shielded Ashley from my state. When I stopped coughing I looked up.

"Can you get the boys out before they wake up" I said as blood dripped from my lip. I saw Dee had a deep gash on her chest and her head, but she didn't seem bothered and she nodded. She looked to Beth as if to ask if she would get the Ambulance, as Beth rushed off with Ashley, Dee sat with me.

"It's going to be ok" she said choking the smoke which was consuming our available oxygen, I knew she doesn't even need oxygen but she must have developed it as a habit. "We will get in touch with the 'Men in Black' and then Daemon can heal you". I appreciated her words and I squeezed her hand when she offered it.

I heard the movement of other guests and their cries as fire-fighters and paramedics burst in, Dee looked up, raised her hand and yelled. A man rushed up to me. He was in his early thirties in a smoky paramedics uniform and a young women skidded to a halt and sat by me. Dee started speaking but I zoned out. The man kneeled down near me and he examined my injury. I didn't hear what he said all I saw was a shift of the table and a roar.

Daemon was suddenly by my head and he took off his shirt and folded it and carefully pushed it under my head, I tried my best to smile at him. I lay on his front so I could look at him with to much difficulty. This moment was tragic but beautiful as a saw a tear fall from his eye.

"Kitten, what happened?" He said trying desperately to hold back tears but then clenched his jaw and thumped the floor and anger covered his face, I gently brought my hand to his face and smiled. He melted into my hand and kissed my Palm and held it against his sweaty stubbly cheek.

"I thought we were going to stay together till you can't stand me, till we go to the opposite ends of the world to protect and get away from each other".

Tears feel quick and fast, the reasons may have been negative but they showed how long he imagined us being together. I smiled and imagined those moments. A ghostly fog spreaded over my vision, as my hand became limp and my eyes dropped I said one last thing. One thing I know he already knew but I felt to say it every time he was near me and the most meaningful thing that I could say to him. One thing I didn't need to prove

"I love you, Daemon Black". And silence fell on the dark valley of my mind.