Darkest Demons

The darkness behind my eyelids was the only thing which was stopping me from seeing Daemon.
I could hear his voice, and feel his touch as he pressed his lips against my hand.
But I didn't want to open my eyes because if I opened my eyes I would have to face everything.
The person inside of me would awaken and I would have no control of what I would do or who I would hurt.

But when the officers and agents arrived to question me, I became even more nervous and conscious about the situation. And I couldn't stop thinking about the people I had left behind: Mary, David and even Alice.

They were probably rooting under the ground in unmarked graves, and I couldn't stop myself from thinking. Why did I always survive?
When all these people around me seemed to drop like rotten fruit.

But Daemon began to talk, I felt instantly less tense but the familiarity in his tone made me nervous. Had Daemon been working with the government again? Or had he gotten into trouble?

"Ahh" Daemon said,
with false joy "my friends, listen no bad feelings for the knock out".

"Daemon Black we have no interest in you" said a deep voice which made my blood curdle "we are just here to question Katy Swartz."

"Well if you opened your eyes" Daemon spoke with the sassiness which I couldn't help but smirk "you would observe that Kat is preoccupied, which could have been prevented if you two knuckle-heads hadn't delayed my journey then Kat wouldn't be hurt and Burnie wouldn't be in surgery."

Burnie was hurt too? I had completely forgotten, after seeing Daemon after so long I had forgotten he had been in the car crash too.

"Bernard, I believe is now in recovery-" but before they could finish I felt Daemon's weigh increase against the bed as I imagined him crossing his arms.

"Bernard?" He sounded puzzled "that does sound so boring doesn't it. But I suppose the both of you would have that definition tattooed on your ball sacks".

Both of them cleared their throat.

"Ok, jackass" said one of them "I tried to be nice so we are going to have to be more....forceful". I heard the thread snap as their suits lunged forward to grab hold of Daemon.
But I felt the source conjure up in my core as Daemon unleashed the source on to the agents.

I was thrown up by my chest and my eyes flew open with a gasp, and I waited for the blue clouds which cornered my eyes.

But it didn't happen.

I was just staring around the room, and my entire body began to quiver in a frenzy of fear. My eyes fell on Daemon who was still in the position of blasting away the secret agent.

He turned to me.

He stared at his hands.

And stared at me again.

What just happened? But I didn't have time to think before he threw me into his arms.

"It's going to be ok, Kat" Daemon whispered in to my ear as he tucked his arms under my legs. I groaned as the needles were ripped out of my arms and we stepped over the agents.

And before I knew it, Daemon was carrying me through a hospital ward. I curled up into his chest and I felt the pain in my body ease as my hand touched his chest.

I was healing.

"Who knew that knocking a few douche bags off their feet would be so satisfying" he said.
I chuckled and he looked down with smirked at me.
"We will get out of here" he said again as he jogged through the corridors as if he was carrying nothing but a water bottle.

"What--what about Bernie?" I asked as I was rocking against his chest.

"He is a big boy" Daemon said,
"he can take care of himself" but I knew that he wouldn't be. He would be killed for knowing too much or even die on the table.

We came to a series of doors and Daemon turned his back to open the doors so that he wouldn't hurt me. But suddenly a series of shouts were heard and came from the centre of the hospital.
Daemon paused.
My eyes widened as an agent which I assumed was one of the agents by my bed, and his once slick suit was burnt and ripped as he skidded to a stop.

"Black!!!" He yelled, "I'm going to rip you apart" and started to race down the corridor.

"I would like to see you try" Daemon spoke in a voice which the agent could only hear when it was too late. He was off in a flash and I felt the wind stab at my face as the g-force drove up my body.

We reached the car and Daemon gently put me in the front seat. I heard the shouts but all I felt was a boom in my chest and Daemon was next to me in the drivers seat.
I sucked air into my lungs as if I had a vacuum in my stomach, and my eyes bulged.

Daemon only had time glance at me before he slammed his foot on the accelerator and we zoomed off. His hands wrapped around the wheel and threw the stirring wheel from side to side.

But suddenly I felt a roar in my chest, and gritted my teeth.

The monster was going to surface.

"Daemon" I shouted, while putting on my chest and I began to cough and splutter.

"Kat?" He replied "Kat what's happening?". He keep switching his eyes from the road to my curled over body in the corner.

"Oh my god" I coughed "she is trying to kill me because I left, she is trying to kill me!" I screamed.

"Who?" Daemon question "who is trying to kill you? Katy!!!" He swerved as he took is attention off the road and just saved us. He then looked to see if we were still being followed.

My voice was rough as the air was stopped to my throat. I coughed as I felt the liquid come up my throat, and the red bloody substance were regurgitated. I felt the blood run down my chin as blue frost covered my eyes.

She began to laugh from my mouth, a hideous evil laugh which shattered my spine. She turned to Daemon and she allowed me to watch as Daemon stared in shock as she through a hand around Daemon's throat.

"I am" she said "I'm killing her!"

Daemon was too slow to react and our car went over the edge of the road.

And I screamed through every second.