Fractured

I woke up with the sudden jarring sound of the cell doors opening. David was thrown to the floor and I rushed to him.
"David" I said pleading while searching him for obvious wounds "what have they done to you? Why were you gone for so long?"
He groaned and flexed his hands and I stroked his back as he got to his knees.
But he suddenly shot forward and wrapped each strong finger incredibly right around my neck and threw me up against the wall.
I gasped and gagged as he strangle me and tore every ounce of oxygen from my body. I scratched at his arms and kicked by my feet were off the ground. It was hopeless.
I was so surprised the only noise I could produce was the raspy gasps and tears.
He snapped his neck from side to side and looked at me with icy cold pale blue eyes.
I moaned. Why him? The only person who I wanted to save. Wanted to spare from his life.
"David" I said letting tears roll down my cheeks "why did you take the serum".
Another person is gone because of me, it would have been easier if I hadn't knocked on Daemons door. Why didn't I just google it? All these thoughts began running through my head but he cut me off which a swift kick from his knee into my stomach.
I groaned in pain as the aching pulsed into my stomach.
"Shut up!" He said in a spiteful, unnatural tone which made me terrified.
He didn't have the serpent accent which most Arum's used to petrify, it was just his regular voice which terrified me even more.
"What have you done to him?" I said spitting in his face.
He whipped the spit from his cheek and dropped me to the floor.
I gasped for breath and coughed and rubbed my neck.
"I woke him up" he said before kicking me in the head and my head collided with the concrete and my nose crunched and blood spluttered from my face as my tooth cracked and I groaned.
"It was horrible just to have the same boring personality" he said pacing as I turned to look at him "especially when the personality wasn't that interesting in the first place. I can do so much now. And now we can be together".

I froze and paused mopping up the blood from my face.
"What?" I questioned.
"Don't act like you didn't realise" he said "but never mind about that. I'm better for you, than Daemon. I'm the powerful one now".
"Do you think that's why I am with him?" I said chuckling at his stupidity.
"Well why else would to put up with that dickhead?" He said kneeled next to me shouting in my face.
"IT'S CALLED LOVE!!!!" I screamed back in his face "it's a feeling I only get when he's around me, holding me. Do you really think I would drop someone like him" I paused and let my eyes travel down him and travel back but tilting my eyebrow "for someone like you".
He flinched and stood quickly and turned so his back was to me. With one swift movement he shoved my chest against the floor with his fist. I fell with a thump, I couldn't fight anymore. I could throw another punch or spit another word in his face but it wouldn't do any good.
So all I could do was try and roll over when his stuck his icy transparent fist in my chest.
He was trying to feed off me.
I felt him rummage, not just through my organs and churning it all up in my body but he was rummaging through my mind and my soul.
I gasped and out of pure instinct I grabbed his wrist and tried to pull it out of my body.
He smiled and chuckled as my pathetic attempt to escape failed.
"Fuck you jack ass" I whispered as I felt blood rise up my throat.
"Right back at you sweetheart" he said smiling before removing his hand from my chest and I slowly drifted from reality.

Daemon POV.

I woke up, staring up at the ceiling of house, which the agonising pain just beginning to exit my body.
"Daemon!" Shouted Dawson from beside me. "Are you ok?"
"Yes" I spoke with pure sarcasm "I'm just peachy".
I rubbed my chest were I felt the origin of the pain begin.
I had been eating lunch with Dawson and I felt it, I hadn't felt that pain since... Well since the whole Katy saga. I had sorted myself out and I work full time as a mechanic with Dawson and Archer. I will never forget Katy but I needed to move on or it would have killed me. But I instantly regretted it as I remember seeing faces. Not just any face but Antony, and that British dude who is apparently an Arum now. But the most important thing is I heard Katy in my head.
I heard her talked to herself about the situation, and how 'David' had taken as serum. And how he had feelings for her which made every cell in my body fill with anger.
But what scared me the most was that Katy was alive and I had abandoned her. I had tried to convince myself she was dead to make it easier to stomach rather than her being tortured my the son of a bitch I have been tracking down for the past six years.
But I had been kidding myself thinking she was in a better place but I needed some kind of hope or security.
Dawson was checking me for wounds or blood but when he realised what I was thinking. He looked me in the eye.

"Holy shit" he said "Katy's alive?"

"It appears so" I said rubbing my chin and running my fingers through my hair "we are in some deep shit, brother".