United

Katy POV.

After eating piles of food, the whole family arrived. I didn't know what to say when Dee stormed through the door of the motel room. Pushing Daemon a few steps back, Archer followed, then Dawson, Beth and Luc. They explained to Daemon, that Ashley was safe with one of Bethany's close friends in work.

They didn't look at me. They didn't speak. I suppose they didn't know what to say, or ask, whether I was ok. How bad had the torture gotten, had they hurt me, had they killed me. What information I could give them.
My head was swimming, Daemon saw my eyes gloss over, he nudged Hunter who was conveniently next to him resting against the wall. Hunter became alert immediately and stood up straight.

"I'm fine" I shook free of my thoughts. Everyone stood in silence, a part from Dee who was barely holding in her tears.

She blubbered as she spoke, "I thought you had died" she burst into tears and threw herself against me "and I'm so sorry for what you went through". She started sobbing into my shoulder .

It shocked me, how much I had forgotten how to comfort people. The last person I had comforted was probably David.

David.

I was paralysed as the thought of David was present in my mind, even Alice's dead eyes came to mind.
I remembered David telling me about his home and his family, and the sport he played. I felt guilty thinking about David with a room full of Daemons relatives.

I suddenly saw the heartbreak in Archer's and Luc's eyes, I remembered the telepathy and went on lock down.

They saw the door shut and snapped back, physically and mentally, I felt my body go ridged as Dee pulled away to look at my face and eyes.

I hadn't realised but my eyes were tearing up.

"Look at me!" I attempted to be humorous "I'm a mess" wiping away my tears.

Archer opened his mouth to say something. But closed it as a full tear rolled down his cheek and he quickly wiped it away from view.

"I know you all have a lot of questions" I said as Dee gave me space "but you have to understand that what happened will take me a while to get my head around".

Daemon approached me with instinct in his body language and hugged me. He cradled me in his arms.

I needed that comfort.

After we all spoke for a while, we got about four other rooms at the motel. But everyone spent most of the time in our room.

The company was nice but it did get a little crowded. So I went outside in the evening darkness for some fresh air.

"When I first met you" Archer made me almost jumped out of my skin and came to joined me on the corner of the pavement on the lonely highway. "You were so determined to give me my freedom, that you almost lost everything. And because of that risk you gave me all I could ask for, a future with Dee and a family of my own."

"You deserve it, Archer" I said simply not wanting to have a conversation.

"What you were thinking this morning" he paused "I can't imagine what you went through..."

"Please don't do this" I said choking on tears "please don't make me say it out loud. That I was responsible for the hope to escape for so many, and I promised my friends an escape to return to their families. And I'm the one outside the jail cell.
Archer, I watched them kill so many, right in front of me. The pain of the experiments was easier that the pain of seeing Dav... David's, Alice's and Mary's brain splattered like decoration."

Archer paused.

"Katy" he said with empathy "you giving them hope was the greatest freedom you would have promised them in there. Your friend, David, must have known he wouldn't make it out of there, and from seeing your mind, he would die all over again so you could escape".

I stared up to the sky. The stars shone with hope, they didn't know whether they would be taken by the ice and darkness of space but they lived to shine as a symbol of hope and resistance.

"Why do I always seem to survive" I said before running my hand through my hair and holding it in a fist.
"I always seem to get into trouble and get everyone in danger, all of this is my fault."

"Don't you dare!" Archer startled me. "Don't you ever think that you caused those god-damn-psychopathic killers to do what they have done!" Archer was always so loyal and protective of his family.
Archer and I were for like brother and sister that anything else and we were there for each other. We understood each other.

I also knew that the others would unite to fight Antony. So we got up, wiped away tears and walked back into the room.

Daemon POV.

Archer volunteered to check on Katy, and I knew he had been snooping in her head to know this, but if Kat needed someone to talk to then that was fine with me.

"How is she. Really?" Dee asked innocently when everyone left to go to their own rooms.

"I don't know Dee" I honestly admitted, "but I will get her back and make that motherfucker pay for what he did to my wife".

Dee nodded. "You better make him fucking beg for mercy" she spat.

I smirked at her changed attitude to revenge, and I knew that Dawson wouldn't exactly agree to have the ruthless plan. But it was a matter of come-up-ance.

Antony needed to pay for everything from the restaurant to the experiments.

Dee left soon after but my skin was still buzzing with energy, even when Kat came back in and got ready for bed. But all I could do was know that if tonight was our last night on this planet. Then I would die holding the woman I love and knowing I would do everything in my power to protect her. And that that sick bastard would be burning somewhere on this planet. In Hell.

Hiya Guys!!
I really appreciate you following me on this journey, and I hope you are enjoying so far.
I'm sure some of you are away that I'm at the start of my A levels and I'm even considering an English degree. But unfortunately that means I won't be able to upload as frequently. Sorry everyone.
I still appreciate everyone's patience and feedback.
Please message me or comment and I will reply to all.

Love you all ❤❤

Georgia xxx