IX - under the neon lights

-Under the neon lights-

Eira's pov

I danced over the lap of a man who touched my boobs from over the lace of my bra. Music blasted in the background and owing to my duty I danced, no matter how much I hated his touch, or sitting in his lap.

My body moved mechanically to the beat, a skill honed through many nights in this dimly lit space. The man beneath me, his face obscured by shadows, was just another blurred figure in the sea of faces that filled the room.

He nestled his head in the crook of my neck breathing in my scent. His hands roamed across my body in very infuriating way. I felt him getting hard underneath me. Every move of my hips to the dance stirred him.

My mind raced as I continued the dance, my outward expression maintaining the facade of indifference while inside, a storm brewed. The neon lights above cast a surreal glow on the scene, amplifying the detachment I tried desperately to maintain.

I longed for the music to drown out the noise in my head, but the beats seemed to sync with the pounding of my heart. The hands on me were like invasive vines, coiling around my resolve. I wanted to escape, but this was the price I paid for the anonymity of the night.

As the bass throbbed through the room, I stole a glance at the distant exit. A sliver of hope lingered there, but it was eclipsed by the reality that my escape was bound to this man's desires. I cursed the circumstances that led me to this life, the choices that chained me to this rhythm.

His hot breath on my neck sent shivers down my spine, a stark contrast to the chill that gripped my soul. The crowd blurred into a faceless mass, each person seemingly complicit in this dance of shadows. My movements became a silent plea for release, a cry veiled by the pulsating beats.

I could feel his grip tightening, possessive and demanding. Yet, a flicker of defiance sparked within me. I envisioned a world beyond the neon lights, where I could be more than just a silhouette in a dimly lit space.

"You are so sweet" he licked the span of my neck, leaving a wet trail. My eyes filled with tears, my heart wishing to step away from him.

My body continued to sway to the rhythm, the external world a hazy blur. The words he whispered in my ear were like venom, his touch a constant violation. The neon lights, once vibrant symbols of a vibrant city, now felt like a cage closing in on me.

"I am imagining all the ways I will use to fuck you" his lustful touch burned my body. Thankfully I wasn't going to spend yet another night. Naomi had promised me that she won't send me with any other man.

Despite the promises, I knew all too well that survival in this world often hinged on the whims of others. Naomi, the elusive figure pulling the strings, had her own motives. I clenched my jaw, determined to endure the night without surrendering more than I had to.

"How sweet it would be to sink my dick in your young pussy" I wanted to scream at humiliation and violence. I wish I could slap this man away, I wish I could just run away from this place.

I suppressed the rising bile in my throat, my facade of indifference gradually morphing into a mask of silent defiance. Each word he uttered was a reminder of the dehumanizing nature of this life, a life I never chose but one that clung to me like a shadow in the neon-lit darkness.

The music, once a refuge, now felt like a cacophony echoing the harsh reality of my existence. I had dreams, aspirations that were drowned out by the relentless beats. The distant exit beckoned like a mirage, an illusion of freedom that seemed unattainable.