XVII - threads of despair

Thread of despair

Eira's pov

Jasper's ever changing moods and behaviors threatened me. He had been a great support system, a great friend or shall I say friends with benefits, but what I saw yesterday was frightening. He isn't able to forget Mini.

I'm worried about what he might do next. His obsession with Mini is consuming him, and I'm not sure how to help him. I need to figure out a way to get through to him before it's too late. His unpredictable moods keeps me on edge, unsure of what to expect next.

The gnawing worry in my stomach grew stronger with each passing day. Jasper's obsession with Mini was becoming increasingly concerning, and I feared for his well-being. His once easygoing nature had transformed into a whirlwind of unpredictable emotions, casting a shadow of unease over our friendship.

"Eira," he mumbled my name, snapping me out of my thoughts. I came back into reality where he was kissing my neck, his lips tenderly tracing the skin of my neck.

I pulled away from him, my heart pounding in my chest. "Jasper, what are you doing?" I asked, my voice trembling slightly.

"I'm just trying to show you how much I care about you," he replied, his eyes filled with a mix of hurt and confusion.

I sighed, unsure of how to respond. I cared about Jasper too, but his recent behavior was making me question our relationship. "This is wrong Jasper," I said, my voice barely a whisper. "You are still not able to get over your fiancée who by the way is dead. I can't be a vessel you use to forget her"

Jasper's face paled, his expression turning into one of despair.

"How can you say that?" he cried, his voice filled with anguish. "I love you, Eira. I don't want to forget Mini, but I need to move on. You're the only one who can help me."

My heart clenched at the raw emotion in his voice. I wanted to believe him, but I couldn't ignore the evidence in front of me. His obsession with Mini was still too strong, and I couldn't bear the thought of being used as a replacement for her.

"I'm sorry, Jasper," I said, my voice filled with sadness. "But I can't do this anymore. You need to find a way to move on on your own. And by the way this is not love, you don't love me, you are not in right state of mind to even think about love."

Tears welled up in Jasper's eyes, reflecting the pain in his voice. "Please, Eira," he pleaded, his voice breaking. "Don't leave me."

I shook my head, my resolve hardening. "I am not going anywhere but please try to move on or maybe accept the reality that Mini is dead and I am not going to be like her"

With a heavy heart, Jasper nodded, acknowledging my words. "I know," he murmured, his voice barely audible. "I need to find a way to move on."

My expression softened, her eyes filled with compassion. I reached out and gently touched his hand, my touch offering a flicker of solace amidst the storm of his emotions. "I'll be here for you, Jasper," I said softly. "I'm not going anywhere."

In the following days, Jasper seemed to be making an effort to regain control over his emotions. I tried my best to support him, offering a listening ear and a comforting presence. In the meantime he decided to visit a therapist as well.

"Eira, Eira, where are you" he screamed coming into my apartment. I had recently started working as assistant of his assistant. "Eira" I called out for him and he came to kitchen finding me over stove.

I turned around to see Jasper standing in the kitchen doorway. He looked pale and agitated, his eyes darting around the room.

"What's wrong?" I asked, my voice laced with concern.